I've started having baths again.

Jayjay027

Reaction score
Ok so I hadn't had a bath in a couple of months because I know hot baths aren't good in your first tri, but on Tuesday night, I just craved a bath so badly and had one - and it was lovely.
I've had 2 since, proper hot baths. In fact, I've just stepped out of one lol.
But it should be ok now shouldn't it?

My mum said she never stopped having hot baths all through her 5 pregnancies because they'd never heard of the 'no hot baths in tri 1' thing, so she's saying not to worry. So I'm inclined not to worry. What do you all think? X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I am very interested to hear any responses to this.

We only have a bath (can't afford to get a shower put in as we'd have to totally redo the whole plumbing system!)

Surely 'not so hot' baths are OK? :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

I dont see it as a problem, we only have a bath at ours. I'm sure people have been having hot baths while in tri 1 for years and have had healthy babys.

Should be fine Hun as long has there not too hot xx

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks girls :)

Its kind of 2 fold, my reason for having baths again.
My bath and shower are in 2 different rooms. The shower is in the ensuite, and the bath is in the main bathroom.
But the ensuite has started to make me sick lol. It has no windows, it has a fan, but I imagine it smells fusty. Hubby says I'm imagining things and that it smells no different now to what its always smelt like lol.

I think its best if I just steer clear of the ensuite for now *gag*

So, baths it is! :) x

Baths in general are fine. The clue is If it's hot enough to make you sweat it's too hot. Reasoning for this is we sweat to lower our core body temp, LO has no way of lowering there's in the womb. So if ur core temp is raised so is there's and that can bf dangerous. Xxx

I love hot baths, I come out looking like a lobster lol

I've not stopped having baths, I just don't have them as hot as before. I read that a bath which is too hot raises your body temp too high which can be bad for lil one.

I think as long as you are sensible with the temperature then it's fine- a lovely way to relax and soak away the aches and pains of the day!

XX

I desperately need one today, my back and muscles are killing me! I will start making them gradually hotter again, I only had about 3 in tri 1 and they were basically lukewarm (not very enjoyable!) because I didn't want to take the risk. Tonight will be my first hot bath in forever! Not too worried now but just won't go overboard xx

I've been taking them from day one. I like to shower in the morning, but love, love to soak myself in a warm bath in the evening. I used to look like a lobster I had them so hot, but have kept them to 'warm' rather than my usual scorching hot :)
Relax and enjoy them.x

I stil have baths read it s ok as long as not 2 hot and I gues ever 1 is dif in how hot they have it what may b hot 2 u mite not b 2 others

I stil have baths read it s ok as long as not 2 hot and I gues ever 1 is dif in how hot they have it what may b hot 2 u mite not b 2 others

Yeah totally understand, just with my miscarriage history I woudln't have risked it! xx

That's the reason I didn't have baths as well Leesey.

The one I had today was a bit hot, I'll have them a bit cooler in future.
Can I have hot baths in tri 2 and 3?? X

I don't have a bath, just a shower :( I miss it, my dad had it replaced with the shower about a year ago now

i Havent stopped taking baths throughout this pregnancy and theyve been the since temperature. I only manage 1-2 a week now as showers are easier and quicker for the mornings.x

As I understand it its to do with the hotness of the bath and your BP.

Think about it this way, have you ever had a hot bath and felt a bit dizzy or faint? I have and its because the bath is too hot and it messes with your insides

What I have been doing since 2ww is to have a lukewarm bath and slowly add hot water to it, as long as I feel ok I think its fine :)

I don't usually have baths, just because showers are easier. When I was expecting my dd I had hot baths in tri 3 all the time, I hadn't heard you shouldn't have them too hot!

Please be careful with ur baths. My aunts best friends baths were to hot and it did all go wrong in her pregnancy at the later stages. I think it was 30 weeks onwards but still it is possible to over heat baby xxx

I had baths all through my pregnancy and was fine.

Not as hot as usual but still nice if you get what i mean . Nothing worse than a lukewarm bath x x

I agree - I just can't enjoy a lukewarm bath. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back