Do's and Don't's

Urchin

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here is missing their hot baths?

I LOVE a hot bath but we're not supposed to have them are we?

I am cutting back and having very quick hot baths so it doesn't raise my body temp.

What else is on the don't's list?

I've always loved a nice hot bubble bath too. I've been taking warm ones and have gotten pretty used to them, still not as good as the hot ones though. I know you're supposed to be careful with the amount of seafood you eat and avoid the seafood that contains high mercury levels, like no more than 6oz of tuna a week. I know they say to limit caffeine intake and avoid unpasteurized cheeses. There's so many things!

Nuts - I was warned not to have nuts because it may create a sensitivity in your child.
Cos I'm having twins I've been warned to avoid vigourous exercise. I'm gonna look like a mountain.
No saunas - same as baths really.
No aromatherapy unless the practitioner has knowledge and experience in pregnancy therapy, the first 12 weeks are especially important but it relaxes a little after that.
No raspberry leaf tea after week 30 because it can stimulate contractions.
I read that caffeine will affect your baby's sleep pattern, therefore it is suggested having de-caf while pg/bf.
There's quite a few more but they're much more obvious and regularly dictated in all the pregnancy magazines.
Any more anyone?

Certainly no raspberry leaf tea BEFORE 30 weeks, but after that you can build it up gradually from one cup per day up to about 4-6 cups per day (do not infuse for more than 5 minutes), because it tones and strengthens your uterus, hopefully helping towards a shorter labour, but do be careful, because it can bring on contractions, as Cinderella said, but you kind of want this when you're about 40 weeks, anyway. :lol: Also, avoid liver/pate, Fatty food (esp. animal fats), Salt, Carbonated/coloured drinks, and artificial sweeteners, esp. aspartame. (low cal, lite, or diet foods contain more of these, so this is your excuse to go whole fat/full cream). Apparently you really only need to avoid nuts if someone in your family has an allergy or intolerance to them, but the advice on this differs from doctor to doctor.
The best foods to eat are apples, broccoli, brown rice, canned sardines, cloves, garlic, herrings, kiwifruit, onions and walnuts. Also chickpeas green veges, and dried apricots, dates and raisins. I don't know why it';s dried apricots as opposed to fresh ones, but hey, thats what they say! :lol: Also, carrots, spinach, oily fish, eggs (if they're wholly cooked, all the way through), dairy products, esp natural yoghurt, potatoes and peppers(capsican).
Also, if you have cravings, it's usually your body's way of telling you it lacks something that is in the thing that you crave, so as long as it's not harmful, eg shoe polish, or wallpaper glue, feel free to indulge!
As for hot baths, yes, I miss them, and I miss the sauna, but I'm compromising with a warm bath followed by a very quick hot shower.
I miss runny egg yolks more!
Love and Light
ukwahine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27