Home cooking challenge!

Either tonight or tomorrow. DH wont eat curry cause he doesnt like the look of it!! Im trying to make him a bit more adventurous when it comes to food but hed rather eat a pizza!! Although he does eat chilli now!

Afraid his mum spoilt him a bit!!!

xx

Cat can I have the recipe you're using please? I might have a go at the and leave the curry out for Mason and OH

I've decided my next new dish...spagetti and meatballs :)
My friend from New York has THE best recipe, I'm gonna have to email her.

I have PM'd you the receipe Urchin. I will be doing it tonight for Noah as well. But not putting in any chili powder and Im putting in less tined tomatoes and putting in some fresh tomatoes as well.

I will let you know how I get on and if noah eats it - he hasent had anything spicy before.

Mmmmm meatballs, I lurve meatballs and spaghetti :D

I do a wicked meatballs and spag...just dont ask me how cos i just do it as i go along!! It involves lots of red wine, quality tomatoes, minced beef and minced pork, egg, breadcrumbs, mushrooms, onions, loads and loads of garlic, and olive oil. Then of course, fresh ground parmesan. Its how i captured my DH lol :rotfl:

Slightly off but does anyone watch Come Dine With ME?

i get really inspired by that programme i love it

that rolled beef tonught looked yummy

Well the curry was a compete success. OH who dislikes all curry really enjoyed it and Noah ate it all too! It wasnt hot at all cause I left out the curry powder. Instead the lamb was really tender and it just had the whole indian aroma and taste from the herbs without the burning mouth part. Dead chuffed at myself cause its a really eaty dish to do and now I intend to do curry nights and invite loads of friends round, make up a big vat of it with rice, nan breads and bajis and stuff!

Jo...my mum bought me a potao ricer from Lakeland.......Its FANTASTIC, how did i ever do mash before this!
I order you all to buy one!

Cat what recipe did you use?

Jo/Hels - Matt's wanted to get a ricer since he saw one on Gordon Ramsey :)

Kina I have PM'd you recipe too. It says that it serves 3-4 but I actually used a bit more meat and it served 2 of us. But then again we are piggies!

This is such a good idea, I'd love to be a bit more creative but it's really hard because OH is SO fussy:

he doesn't eat: Fish, Lamb, Spicy food (except fajitas!?!), curry (texture not taste), mashed potato, vegetables (except peas & salad). He won't eat stew/casseroles. He doesn't like Chinese/stir fry either. Oh, and he doesn't like rice/cous cous etc. but WILL eat pasta!

I usually do chicken with pasta, frozen kievs/chicken things etc with chips, sausage & chips or spag bol. I do a roast dinner (usually chicken) once a month, can't be bothered to do it more regularly for just 2 of us! If I want something different, like fish, I end up cooking two meals!

Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions for meals that he might actually eat? Thanks in advance, and good luck...

OMG hun, what on earth do you feed a man like that!!
Pork Chops and roasties?? Stew is quick and easy, you just chuck it in a dish and leave to cook for a few hours! Home made pizza? Omelette?

God knows!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Thanks, I want to slap his mother sometimes for bringing him up fussy! He wouldn't even eat pasta before we lived together, so I'm slowly getting him more adventurous. It's just taking a long time!

Omelette's a good idea, I've never made one before so that'll be fun. I'm always a bit apprehensive about cooking pork, I worry it's not cooked enough & it ends up really tough. But I'll have another go!

I've told him I'm going to start cooking fish & stuff when baby starts eating solids, I want my kids to experience as many flavours & foods as possible when they're growing up.

My ex-husband used to be fussy. But I didnt give him the choice, either eat what I dish up or go hungry. And he ended up eating all of it, most of it was all phycological.

I know a man that will only eat smash or MacDonalds :shock: And will only drink coke :shock: :shock:

Cat, thanks so much for the recipe. I'll go out and get the ingredients this weekend. DH will be so chuffed (it's his bday on monday).

This is my fish pie that I made yesterday - it was great - woohoo!!

mmmmm I still haven't made mine but will by the end of the week...promise!

Are you making something new next week as well Kim?

Oh no, not fish pie!! :puke:

Home cookinmg, you lot put me to shame, I don't cook at all :shock: Can't be bothered, don't have the energy and I'm a rubbish cook with no imagination whatsoever! :oops:

Never too late to try Sami :)

Cat, DH is going to go get the spices tonight :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back