*Return of the Home Cooking Challenge*

Just wanted to say that if you do online shopping with Tesco's they have lots or recipes online and if you fancy trying them they give you the shopping list for the ingredients so you can order everything you need then you can even have the recipe emailed to you for when you are ready to make it. The only downside is that if any of the ingredients aren't available when they deliver your shopping you are left with an incomplete recipe :x I ordered everything to make a sea bass dish but the dried chilli's were not available. I suppose you could write them a note to say only deliver if everything is available :think:

Anyway, just wanted to tell you about it :D

Ohh I would love to join in too, I only have about 3 or 4 dishes I can cook confidently.
I want to make a hearty minestrone soup, but haven't found a recipe I like the look of yet.

MINESTRONE SOUP (Delia's how to cheat)

50g orecchiette pasta
410g tin borlotti beans drained and rinsed
1 stick celery roughly chopped
1 medium onion peeled and quartered
100g sliced smoked pancetta
1 clove garlic peeled and halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
250g ready prepared diced mixed carrot and swede
400g tin italian chopped tomatoes
850ml hot veg stock
200g shredded cabbage
Small handful fresh chopped basil and fresh ready grated parmesan to serve

First whizz celery, onion, pancetta, and garlic together in a mini chopper until chopped quite small. Then heat the oil in a large pan and add the chopped ingredients. Next put the carrot and swede in the mini chopper and pulse til chopped just a little more finely. Add that to the rest, stir it all around briefly, and, keeping the heat high, cook for anout 5mins.

After that, add the tomatoes and the stock and, when it begins to simmer, add some seasoning, cover with a lid and cook gently for 20mins. Meanwhile, shred the cabbage in the mini chopper, and when the time is up, take the lid off and stir in the pasta, borlotti beans and cabbage. Bring it back to simmering point, and let it continue to cook gently, uncovered, for a further10-15mins.

Serve in heated bowls with chopped basila nd plenty of parmesan and have with some warm ciabatta to dip in :D

I've just started making a meal every week from this book. Last week I made Spanish pork stew, this week it's Braised steak with a wild mushroom and madiera sauce. Some of the ingredients can be a bit expensive but it's brilliant cos it's all fast and easy but mega mega tasty :D

emma28 said:
MINESTRONE SOUP (Delia's how to cheat)

50g orecchiette pasta
410g tin borlotti beans drained and rinsed
1 stick celery roughly chopped
1 medium onion peeled and quartered
100g sliced smoked pancetta
1 clove garlic peeled and halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
250g ready prepared diced mixed carrot and swede
400g tin italian chopped tomatoes
850ml hot veg stock
200g shredded cabbage
Small handful fresh chopped basil and fresh ready grated parmesan to serve

First whizz celery, onion, pancetta, and garlic together in a mini chopper until chopped quite small. Then heat the oil in a large pan and add the chopped ingredients. Next put the carrot and swede in the mini chopper and pulse til chopped just a little more finely. Add that to the rest, stir it all around briefly, and, keeping the heat high, cook for anout 5mins.

After that, add the tomatoes and the stock and, when it begins to simmer, add some seasoning, cover with a lid and cook gently for 20mins. Meanwhile, shred the cabbage in the mini chopper, and when the time is up, take the lid off and stir in the pasta, borlotti beans and cabbage. Bring it back to simmering point, and let it continue to cook gently, uncovered, for a further10-15mins.

Serve in heated bowls with chopped basila nd plenty of parmesan and have with some warm ciabatta to dip in :D

I've just started making a meal every week from this book. Last week I made Spanish pork stew, this week it's Braised steak with a wild mushroom and madiera sauce. Some of the ingredients can be a bit expensive but it's brilliant cos it's all fast and easy but mega mega tasty :D

ooo, thanks! I will try that, probs without the pancetta. Sounds great! I'll let you know how it goes!

I don't even know what it is. :oops:

I have had to google image some stuff before I to go looking for it, so I know what it looks like and where it might be :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back