Home cooking challenge!

jo said:
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Who pipes there bloody mash anyway?????? ( ooh can see argument starting!!) lol

just spread it with a fork and be done with it

just because you wrote that jo im going out tomorrow and im buying a mash potato piper :rotfl: and i shall pipe my bloody mash! I shall take photos to porve it too

Hmmmm you know you can go off people :lol:

Well i am gonna buy a potatoe ricer!

no really i am have always wanted one for some reason

Have you never seen one on ready steady cook or owt?

the only way i can describe it is like a giant garlic crusher, you sort ogf semi mash your spuds as you would normally then put in that and squeeze it all out makes it tottaly lump free

http://www.lakelandlimited.co.uk/produc ... hands!6532

says sorry we can't find this product Jo :(

Made the pie :cheer: Wasn't enough mash to cover the top :roll: DH loved it, I'm not keen on fish so wasn't that bothered by it and Ella ate about 6 spoonfuls then I let her try and feed it to herself with her hands (not very clean!).

Took a pic but it looks a little sad as it didn't have a full mash hat!

well done Kina

Budge i dunno why the link isn't working but if you click it then put potato ricer in search it shows you

I do a fish pie with cod prawns and broccolli on a butter sauce with mash ontop and grated cheese, Its one of noahs favs.

Tonight Im following your example Urchin and having roast pork with crackling. I havent done it with crackling before either. I have now started getting my meat from local butchers and veg from greengrocers instead of tesco, and Im so glad I have, the quality is sooo much better and were loving it, plus it works out cheaper too!

I watched saturday kitchen and Jamie Oliver made a really nice curry.It really made my mouth water so Im going to have a go at that. Ive never made curry before!!

xx

Yay I'm glad everyone is joining in..Cat how was the pork?

I'd like to make a curry but OH doesn't really like it :)

I might persuade him to eat chilli next week though, never made one of those either!

lisanat said:
I watched saturday kitchen and Jamie Oliver made a really nice curry.It really made my mouth water so Im going to have a go at that. Ive never made curry before!!

xx

DH wants to make a curry but it seems really difficult :?

Pork was fantastic, fantastic cut, I made real gravy from the juices too not just bisto, and the crackling was to die for (even if I do say so myself) I too would love to do a curry but OH hates any type of spicy food so I might have to severly adapt a reciepe.

Im off to the butchers this morning again for the next three nights dinner and I think I will be trying something new again. Also for anyone who has never shopped at a butchers, thats another new challenge for you, its 10 times better than supper market stuff which is injected with water and additives and crap. So support your local butcher!

Im off to find a lamb rogan josh reciepe!

Cat&Noah said:
So support your local butcher!

I agree, my stepdad was a butcher with his own shop for 42 years!!! He only retired when he was diagnosed with cancer last year.

There is a butcher's shop on my road but I have never been to it :oops: I will try and get some meat from there this week. :)

Right I have found a curry reciepe, Im doing lamb rogan josh, only I have to leave out the curry powder or OH wont eat it and I have no idea what 'ghee' is so that will be left out too!

Ghee is clarified butter, the supermarket would probably sell it :)

Yeah theres a couple of ingrediants im leaving out and using a slight variation of so I dont know what itll be like!

OH doesnt like curry either but you can freeze the sauce so im just going to do that. He can have somthing else. Ill do him bbq pork or something. xx

So support your local butcher!
Mine shut down about a month ago :cry: It was the best butchers around, none of the others I've tried have come close. Think I'm going to have to go further afield.

CIMG2688.jpg

That's my fish pie, looked ugly cos I didn't have enough mash to cover the top!

lisanat said:
Yeah theres a couple of ingrediants im leaving out and using a slight variation of so I dont know what itll be like!

OH doesnt like curry either but you can freeze the sauce so im just going to do that. He can have somthing else. Ill do him bbq pork or something. xx

When are you doing it? Im doing mine tonight and Im also leaving out two ingredience, so OH will eat it cause it wond be hot. Doing Lamb rogan josh, and my buther has diced some good meat for me. Will try to remember to take a pic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back