Cooking gammon, oh dear help again please

Melly+2

Reaction score
Can anyone help, never cooked gammon before and keep putting of doing the one in the fridge, so what the bloody hell do i do. Is it best boiled or roast,a dn im not sure on time length per pund, never been good with meat, i usually just leave it in for ages till its well done, any help would be nice thankyou :hug:

Put it in the biggest pot i have and theres a little bit at the top that im unable to cover with water, will it still cook ok do you think as im gonna roast it after :think:

i always boil mine for an hour then put it in a roasting tin with a drop of water, covered with tin foil in a low oven until you can slide a knife into it easily, this way it cooks very tender, make sure it's cool before slicing as it's so tender it shreds :) (is it smoked? if it is give it a good soak in the sink)

Thats fab thanks, still how long should i put it in for, im sure i will know but i like to make sure i dont peoison people :rotfl:

boil for an hour then roast and test every 20mins with knife until it slides in with no effort (you won't poison anyone, you can eat gammon, bacon raw :wink: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back