Hello new lady to this section - can I join?

It's Babytime, I have just read over your early posts to double check that I hadn't over reacted in having my say but if you read the posts back again yourself you can't argue that they aren't insensitive and rude to JJ Mum, you could say a lot of problems in LTTTC are self inflicted by things like diet, past sexual health, being over weight etc but that would be unfair in the same way I feel it is to JJ Mum.

I personally feel an apology would be the right thing to do....

I'm not saying this in a horrible way....:friends:

xx

Here here, well said chick

sent from my MiniPro using Tapatalk 2

OMG just read all this and to be honest had to laugh. Girls in a school playground

I myself wil be going through IVF this year, it sucks and yes I do get slightly jealous hearing woman in here who already have children, but would never not accept them being on LTTC, I think emotions have played a big part in this thread, it's irrelative what is right or wrong to say, everyone has 1 goal on here and it's our indidusual journeys which makes this forum an escape from everything and a chance to rant at fellow ladies knowing that everyone on here will post something back to put a smile on our face.

Whether we are in TTC or LTTC welcome any inspiration, advice or stories of their own journeys, don't think we should be too harsh on isitbabytime, some people find this harder than others

Happy thoughts girls xx

this sections is called ltttc AND FERTILITY ISSUES. where does is say only for those who have never had children? So because I have a DS, took BC which a has screwed my cycles up(would be classififed as self inflicted) I'm not allowed in here?

I have requested this thread be locked to stop people coming in to provoke the situation again. Mods can you please do this?

I don't think that there is a need to close this thread as rules aren't getting broken.

Yet again I am shocked as to the lack of support from some folk. I had to have an operation in order to conceive my little boy after difficulties conceiving and yet I would still not feel the need to belittle others who have children already for using this section or to think that they aren't as deserving. Just because someone has children already doesn't mean that they shouldn't be allowed more, it's not like she's using nhs funding ahead of others etc. whether its your first or your tenth baby I'm sure ivf is a daunting prospect and to be met with hostility on a support forum is not on.

JJ has even removed tickers etc from her signature in order to avoid rubbing it in. Again, if it offends anyone that JJ already has children then dont read her threads, it's possible to block people on here in user cp so I suggest anyone can utilise that function if it helps to stop them feeling upset by this situation. Now draw a line under this EVERYONE and can we please get back on topic rather than continuing with this debate!?

Everyone's an adult, move on.

I have requested this thread be locked to stop people coming in to provoke the situation again. Mods can you please do this?
That's nice and you expect me to lock a thread that doesn't even belong to you? No not happening!

Ladies who have a problem leave the thread, I won't ask again ...it's not a suggestion I insist.

I have been made feel nothing but welcome on this forum and am shocked that a regular member with fertility problems, whether some people think there valid or not, they are, is being shunned from getting advice about a huge thing such as IVF.

I feel bad that JJ hasn't felt able to return to this thread much.

I don't think anyone is comparing the thought of never being able to have kids of your own as the same pain as not being able to have your 5th. And certainly JJ didn't. There is no comparison. But JJ is trying for a baby, and having problems so surely should get support?

I've posted all over this forum, inc baby and toddler even though I'm childless and my advice has never been returned. Considering this is such a difficult part of the forum maybe people need to remember to treat others how they've been treated, with decency.

JJ - all the luck in the world with the IVF, I can offer no advice there unfortuneately, hope all goes ok for you! xxx

That's nice and you expect me to lock a thread that doesn't even belong to you? No not happening!

Ladies who have a problem leave the thread, I won't ask again ...it's not a suggestion I insist.

oo wobbles i love your new avatar!!! jealous

I cannot believe this thread!

I am utterly astounded at the lack of sensitivity and the lack of thought of causing upset to someone else!

JJ i totally support your journey!

For those that think that there is a grading for how serious your Fertility issues are ... and how you may be more important and more deserving of a child than anyone else seriously need to take a long hard look in the mirror. It is the wrong attitude to have!

Everyones situations are different and varied, some may need help for certain medical conditions, some peoples infertility may be unexplained. Some people wil already have 1 or 2 or even 5 children previously. It still doesn't in anyway change the urge you have to want to be a mother and have a child! I have a daughter and have secondary infertility and honestly sometimes because i can call upon my memories of being pregnant, of giving birth and of nurturing a baby it pains me so much inside to think i wont ever be able to do these things again.

I just can't believe that some people feel that they are more deserving to be here than others! Utterly ashamed of some of the things i have read here.

LTTC should be and remain to be a place where people who have 'infertility issues' as JJ's mum does! can come and get advice and support. A place where we do not judge! THAT IS ALL

Last edited:
im glad this hasnt been closed :) 80% of is support anyways as it should be and mostly the ladies here are all superstars!

I too am surprised at the way this thread's gone. :(

I've nothing to say except that I also offer my support to JJ - I've not been through IVF nor am I about to (that I'm aware of!) but I would still try my hardest to support JJ in her journey, which is what I'd do for anybody else on the forum regardless of their situation and whether they "fit" into LTTTC or not.

x

jenni good on you hun if you want another baby you go for it.

as for the negative comments about it being self inflicted can i just say some women have to have terminations due to problems etc or some via choice when young etc. (a friend of mine included) this can then lead to fertility issues. so are you going to say that they don't deserve a child or to fall pregnant as it was self inflicted.

it doesnt matter what the reason is if someone wishes to have the miracle of a child then that is their right and no one has the right to question that.

good luck all. it took me a year to concieve and was the hardest year ever but great in the end. wishing you all the luck and sending lots of baby dust. xxx

Best of Luck Jenni, Can't believe this thread, you have been so much support to people on this forum, including me when I lost my first baby. wishing you all the luck in the world xxxx

Last edited:
The whole "self inflicted" thing is horrid and possibly the most hurtful thing I've ever read on this forum :(

its up there with me beng called an infertile bitch a while back i reckon lol that girl was bonkers

Oh yeah, that girl was 100% nuts.
Ladies can say the most awful things to other ladies, it's sad. We should all be on the same team x

its up there with me beng called an infertile bitch a while back i reckon lol that girl was bonkers

im literally in shock someone could say that! :wall2:

Yes cosmic's right , we should all be on the same team!

I mean I'm not shy of a good old debate but nothing is derived from name - calling and shouting off.

Even to say infertility is self-inflicted is below the belt.

xxx

:love: i do love pf though, you ladies are my rock!! this is a rare occurance here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back