hi

hayes

Reaction score
Hi girls,

i dont know what the rules are in this section but cud i poss join you guys? This is my 8th cycle ive just started and kinda feeling like the lttc wud be the right place to be.

Hope this is ok.

Michelle. x

Hi Michelle, welcome to ltttc, I hope you're not here too long hun, the docs do say it can take up to a year to conceive so I wouldn't be worried yet. If you have any questions there's a lot of ladies who are further down the line that can help. And feel free to have a rant, we all do! X

Thank you,

Have been reading a few of you girlies posts on here for a while now but was too nervous to chat.

You guys are AMAZING so strong and brave to go through all these tests and things. I know its still early days for me yet but i cant help but think sumthings wrong.

I have other health issues, i was diagonsed with fibromyalgia back in 2010 after a lot of years in pain with joints, muscles etc since early 20s. They first thought lupus as i had a positive ANA(which isnt good when ttc apparently!) blood result and my maternal nan has it then they thought RA(rheumtoid arthritis)as my maternal aunt has that but no in the end they have settled for fibro. Have been off my meds and off the pill since may. The docs have said they will keep an eye on me as soon as i am pg and my gp has let me have 21day bloods afew weeks ago as i was worried that my cycles are irregular and wasnt ov but the results were ok so im guna use sum opks this month again and just keep my fx i guess.

Michelle. x

Welcome to pf hon. Like Kay Kay said it can take up to a year to conceive. If you are over 35 you can go and start the initial investigations now. Good luck hon xxx

Thanks everyone, im only 29(will be 30 in aug ekk!!)and hubby is 31, i know im too early to start proper investigations so im guna try and stay positive and do opks for the nxt few months. Can i ask a question tho. I see some of you do go private how do you even go about that?? Do you go to your gp or look it up on internet?

Michelle. x

You've still got plenty of time hun and you're still young (younger than me anyway hehe!), once it gets to a year if nothing's happened go to your GP to get the initial tests done. It is a scary and sad thought just going for these tests I know but it's better to get the ball rolling as waiting times for treatment can be really long. But chances are it won't get to that.

Sorry to hear about your other health probs :-(

I went private for my HSG (test that checks if your tubes are blocked) cos there was a 7 month waiting list on the NHS (see what I mean about waiting lists). I just called up my local private hospital and it was really easy from there. If you don't know of any private hospitals in your area maybe google it or even phone your doctors surgery, the receptionist will prob know. I'm still with the NHS for everything else though, I just wanted to speed things up a bit with this test xxx

hello welcome every one really nice in here hopefully you want be here for to long xxxxx

Hello Michelle. How irregular are your periods? I have been TTC a similar time to you but never got AF after stopping the pill so my GP was happy to refer me for investigations early, and here I am. It might be worth you pushing for a scan to check for PCOS? It's better to know about anything potentially wrong as early as possible. Welcome, everyone here is lovely xxx

Well my cycles have varied frm 17days up to 36, so far no 2 cycles have been the same, i dont think my gp will see me for a bit now, im happy to have a couple of months using the opks and then il head back and ask them what they can do for me or il look into private things. It does look like we have been tring the same time. Fx for you.

Michelle.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back