Had a bit of a meltdown last night

Annie050408

Reaction score
I think I finally realised how painful labour is going to be and realised that there's not really any way of avoiding it and I kinda freaked out a bit. It was brought on by me asking DH to start the perennial massage and although he was being very gentle, I found it quite painful :( He said that we'll do it 3/4 times a week and by time bubs is born it'll be fine but I'm not convinced. I'm not worried about all the internal stuff it's the crowning part that I am properly freaking out about - I just know they're going to need to cut me and although I realise that what with all the other pain I probably won't feel it, I've decided to definitely go for the epidural now because I can't bear the thought of that.

Oh dear, am such a wuss :(

aw annie.. epidural is there for a reason so dont feel you have to be brave and go without. You do whatever you need to do to get trough it in the best way! Our body is made to do this tho so im sure we will all be ok. Dont think about hte bad things cuz whatever happens will happen anyway. try not to get stressed out!

i think im quite good at the moment about labour but then again.. it will prob hit me in a few weeks time what i will accually go trough. I hope im just as naive as i am now until its time.

im guessing when you actually go into labour you just go with it and you may not be as scared as you think you may be! im a big believer in if your body is designed to do it then its perfectly capable of doing it. you never know, you might not tear and just have whatever pain relief you feel you need! you may find you cope tremendously well with the pain and wont need as much pain relief as you think, you just never know! i think the best way to be about labour is just keep an open mind and try not to panic yourself. youll be ok honey, xxx

I felt a bit like this last night after discussing birth plan with OH and going on 1 of 2 planned hospital tours and realised that i will actually have to go to hospital to have the baby and that i will have to go through labour!!!

I know what you're saying is right and to be honest if anyone else had posted this then I'd be saying the same thing probably. I guess this is just a safe environment to vent these silly freak outs lol!

I think I just need to focus on the fact that I'll be holding my beautiful baby directly after. This is what happens when you wait until after 30 to have your first baby- you've spent too much time putting it off! :lol:

you will be fab girl, you are gonna bring a gorgeous little girl in to the world :love:
can you imagine anything bigger in life?
what we are about to do is amazing. Accually, i cant wait. Im excited.
When you hold your little girl in your arms after, your husband is gonna think you are the most amazing woman in the world that carried his daughter and then brought her to life and you are gonna feel dead proud of your self.
Us women are born with superpowers we have no clue about until we are there :love:

oh lovely bless you im on the third and nearly 29 and i promise you i wouldnt be going back for number 3 if it was that bad!!
ok its very painful but your be in great hands with the midwife and you OH just go with it and if you need every pain relief going who cares!! you will totally forget all the pain once shes in your arms xx

Last edited:
We'll you'll be getting it all first hand via my DH texting lol!

Be aware that he will probably be making me sound more brave than I really am so labour watch will probably all sound lovely and successful :rotfl: I'll tell you the truth after ;)

We'll you'll be getting it all first hand via my DH texting lol!

Be aware that he will probably be making me sound more brave than I really am so labour watch will probably all sound lovely and successful :rotfl: I'll tell you the truth after ;)

:lol: thats funny

cant wait to hear the news hot of the press so exciting :dance::dance:

Annie,
I feel exactly the same. Ive heard the contractions are pretty bad, but I had gall stones last year which were removed, but the pain with those was unbearable and doc said its a really bad pain to have. Its the down below pain im terrified about too. I so scared of tearing, being cut, using forceps or ventouse just freaks me out. I too didnt really want epidural but if any of the above happens without I dont know how I will cope! I feel like a right wuss too, but really wanted to join in and say i feel exactly the same. And also I feel a bit dumb, are we suppose to be massaging our perineums? Oh God! xx

Glad i'm not alone!

Apparently if you massage that area with olive oil it makes it easier for the skin to stretch - worth a go I'd say! :)

Gah I freaked out a bit last week. I went to get tested for STIs (as a precaution, I panicked cause I had really bad thrush rofl... after doing the tests... what did they find? Thrush!) and to swab from my cervix, they had to shove the stretchy thing in there... AND OMG IT HURT SO MUCH I ALMOST CRIED. ahah I mean... if it hurts that much for THAT in there... how much is it gonna hurt for a baby to come out of there? I mean... to be honest, I have quite a high pain threshold. Tattoos, piercings, broken bones I can stand, but I dunno if I can handle the pain of giving birth. Tbh I think I'll be going for the epidural for sure.

To be honest it is a completely different type of pain, sort of like natural!!!
if it was that bad we wouldn't do it again. its important that you relax as much as possible as tension and fear makes it much worse.

Being honest hun, I was the same around where you are now, but when it came to the end I was so ready to meet my baby and do what I had to do :) I think it's a normal process! There are plenty of drugs to help you along too :D xx

just go wwith it ladies, see how you go at first, find out what it's like, if it gets to where your pain threshold is , then ask for pain relief and more if that doesn't do it, remember it's your birth, and your body X

No shame in having it all!

annie im the exact same i have 3 weeks left and am absoultely shitting myself so bad its unreal think more so because i dont know what to expect as its my first. Im the same as you im going for an epidural no matter what i dont think i could handle pushing a baby out not any other way i will try and put up with the contractions as long as i can but then i will be shouting for an epidural. Everyone keeps me not to worry but i really cant bring myself not to worry am so scared its unreal specially knowing i only have 3 weeks left. I suppose i will know exactly what to do and how to react when im actually in labour.xx but dont worry about it the now chick u should enjoy your pregnancy while u can xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back