Good News??

BabyLover

Reaction score
Hello Ladies

Well I had a letter in the post today and it was from my local hospital, the fertility clinic has made an appointment for me to go and see my consultant who had discharged us last time.....Strange?? I thought well I would ring the hospital to see what they was playing at, anyway got through and the lady said it was not us who made the appointment, you GP has referred you. Phoned my GP and she rang me back stating she hasn't referred me back as she has only just got the discharge letter from the hospital for last time we went.

I rang back the hospital and ask to speak to the consultant's PA, got through to her and she stated that she had made the appointment on behalf of my consultant, stating he should have never discharged us from the hospital....so I asked why? She said you will need to discuss that with him when you go.

My appointment is on 25th August and I want to know why he discharged us in the first place, made me upset and also laid down the rules (like having a certain BMI etc...)

Is this good news?? My partner don't think so as he said why would a consultant say what he said before, about I have a high chance of dying through the ICSI/IVF treatment and then say it's okay for you to come back, weird or what?

We have both done really well and losing weight together, supporting each other, getting married soon and loving each other more since we was told the horrible news last time, that we are thinking we don't want to go through this at the moment and that we want to wait until next year, as I personally want to be healthy for me and my baby, when it does happen!

Thanks for listening

Donna x

Hiya Donna :)

I think it's good news!

Did you ever get the information back regarding your bloodwork and why it was dangerous for you to have surgery?

Maybe he got your file mixed up?

I can understand you both being a bit apprehensive but i think it's well worth going to see him just to get your foot back in the the door and then you can start delaying any further appointments until after the wedding and things?

I've seen your handmade stationary on Facebook btw and it looks fab! xx

all the best lovely really hope it all works out for you both your a lovely couple, not long till husband and wife how exciting!!!! xxx

Thanks Hunni

Bloods come back okay, they think I might have 1 slightly blocked fallopian tubes, got to go and have HSG scan, just awaiting for the appointment. Otherwise if it is not that then he has told us a load of bullshit!

I don't think he has our file's mixed up, I think it's because either my doctor has ranged him and stated she is not happy, because she said to us that even though we are overweight, we should be at the clinc...or someone within the hospital, like my partner's consultant has said something...I don't know until we see him.

I am going to see him, I want an explanation!

Donna x

Hiya Donna :)

I think it's good news!

Did you ever get the information back regarding your bloodwork and why it was dangerous for you to have surgery?

Maybe he got your file mixed up?

I can understand you both being a bit apprehensive but i think it's well worth going to see him just to get your foot back in the the door and then you can start delaying any further appointments until after the wedding and things?

I've seen your handmade stationary on Facebook btw and it looks fab! xx

Hi Hun,

I feel like it can only be good news, I really hope so anyway. :)

Well done with your weight loss and good luck with your wedding too.

I have to say it sounds like your consultant has really upset you about the weight thing, maybe he was genuinely worried about treating you or maybe they just wanted an excuse not to have to fund your treatment, either way you should let him know how he made you feel and hopefully clear the air with him and have a better relationship in the future.

xx

Great news and well done on losing weight together , maybeeby getting a second appointment for whatever reason is another opertunity to show your progress without them, and they will have to help more

Good luck, this is a bonus whatever happens hun X

Good luck with your appointment, hope it goes well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back