Results back from hospital- being referred

TINKS82

Reaction score
Not the best of days. Dr got the results back fromhospital and my testosterone is still high & eastrogen levels are within normal range. Being referred to fertility clinic at hospital for more investigating. Dr says could still be pco. It'll be months probably before we get appointment as she said there is a long waiting list :( left in limbo now so frustrating that we may not get answers for ages.

I'm really sorry Tinks :hug:

It's rubbish how long it takes to just get diagnosed :(

You think they'd just get you booked in for an ultrasound so they can confirm if it's PCOS or not :wall2:

Can I request an ultra sound test from the dr? I am clueless as new to this side of things. Maybe I should go back to dr's, I am not sure if they would give me the medication If it is pco or would I still have to be referred? Xx

Last edited:
I think you could request an ultrasound without referral to a fertility consultant, sure.

I'm sure i had mine before i saw the fertility consultant.

It'll be the tech that will diagnose the PCOS from what she see on the screen.

I assume your own GP could prescribe clomid but i'm not sure how it works really as i didn't have deal with that fertility issue :oooo:

Thanks louise, it's worth asking I guess rather than waiting months xx

Get onto your doc to book a scan, then they can diagnose pcos (only way mine was spotted) then they can prescribe clomid xxx

Thanx chazabel I'll get on to them, I'll book an appointment and ask them to get me a scan. I don't want to have to wait months to be diagnosed as just delays things more. Good job I have u girls to guide me.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back