Gestational diabetes support thread

Haha that's kids for ya!! ;-)

And thank you :) hope you have a nice weekend too! Did you say you had anything nice planned? Xxx

Our weekend will be mostly spent moving all baby's things and all the furniture out of the nursery ready for the carpet fitter first thing on Monday morning!

Hi girls sorry to be awol lol sounds like your both doing well which is good to hear xx

Baby weighed 3.1 that was like a week and a half ago so guessing close to 4lb atm have a scan at 34 weeks so we will see then, atm I know baba is breach as he is kicking me in the whoha lol constantly but I do think he's moving round as left side was real sore last 2 days. Had a lopsided bump there for a few days its mad to see lol numbers have been within range just resting levels a tad high they said I will need metformin if numbers start going mad so keeping a eye on that.

Last edited:
I was wondering how you were getting on Sansk.
Hope baby moves round for you xx

Ah hi sansk! Glad you're getting on ok, hopefully you won't need the metamorfin. And fingers crossed baby moves. Mine was breach up until day before the scan when I felt him or her turn around.

Have fun getting the nursery sorted Karen! Better get your act together as little one will be here next month (how crazy does that sound??!!).

Currently at folly farm/zoo but weather is pants!!! Boo lol xxx

Weather is pants here too! We're heading out shortly to go and pick up the crib and car seat and then I think that's us got pretty much everything in .... cot getting delivered on Thursday, so should be us done and dusted, just the building up to do xx
6 weeks on Monday will be my boys birthday ...... it's gone so fast I can't quite believe it!

Change of plan ...... DH was nightshift last night and feels too tired now after a bath! It was his suggestion as well that we go today lol
No big deal though as it's just more stuff to move around whilst carpets are getting fitted (we're getting a new one in our bedroom as well).
The rain couldn't come down any harder here so it's actually a day for the house, more baby washing on the cards I think lol

Haha and men say WE change our minds all the time ;-) hope you had a good day nevertheless!

Had a fab time at the zoo but a terrible nights sleep and think baby is on a nerve today as I'm struggling to walk. Just did my after breakfast levels and bit gutted as they were 6.2 which is highest I've had apart from one anomaly the other day and I was really good at breakfast considering we were away from home - had half a piece of wholegrain toast, one spoonful of beans, an egg and a sausage. But think it's a combination of not moving round much this morning due to aches and bad nights sleep. Got to try and do a walk after the wedding sit down meal today otherwise I dread to think what my levels will be!

How are you doing Karen? And sansk?

Looking forward to being back in my own bed tonight! Xxx

I'm doing fine apart from my bloody washing machine going on the blink!
I'm sure you can dance it all off tonight! Have a great time xx

Hi girls

Naomi my levels have to be below 7.8 an hour after eating 6ish would be an amazing reading to me, funny how different parts of the country work on different numbers.

Scn 6 weeks is going to fly in sorry about your washer

Noticed at least 3 readings this last week before bed are climbing outside my range I need to keep an eye on that.

Yeh mine have to be below 7.8 after an hour too, I was just frustrated as 6.2 is higher than I've had so far and I couldnt understand why!!

I let my levels get too low at the wedding I think - left my snacks in the car and got distracted so didn't have them and by the time we sat down for the food I was feeling pretty rough. Skipped the starter, had vegetables and beef for dinner (skipped the potatoes) and then had a small piece of wedding cake for dessert and after an hour my levels were only 5.0. Think that was largely due to my levels getting so low though. Need to make sure that doesn't happen again as I properly thought I was going to pass out!

Is the washing machine sorted Karen?
Xxx

I just need to test after 2 hours and it's got to be below 7. Feeling nervous about tonight's after dinner reading though .... had a Yorkshire pudding with my roast beef!! Hope it doesn't push it up too much.
Did you enjoy the wedding Naomi?
Phoning the repair shop in the morning to see if it may be repairable but not holding out much hope, got another one picked out though and can get it delivered on Wednesday if need be xx

Last edited:
Ah I'm sure it won't hurt too much. Let us know how it goes! I'm on fasting levels today. Was very low this morning but have been around the 4-4.5 mark the rest of the day.

Wedding was lovely! Weather was pretty naff for them and the ceremony was outside which was a shame but luckily the worst of the rain held off during the service and they had a beautiful marquee for the sit down meal. Lots of lovely touches. And millie was happy because there was a sweetie cart haha. Was a killer for me though as I've been craving pick and mix!!

Just had sweet potato, salad and chicken for dinner. Going to prep my lunch for work tomorrow in a bit as never seem to have time in the mornings what with millie refusing to get dressed these days lol.

Hoping to leave work early tomorrow so I can get to the pharmacy to pick up some more test strips. Do they give you the needles at the same time do you know? As I'm going to run out of them in the next week. Can't remember where the nurse said I had to get new ones from xxx

Sounds like a lovely wedding, it rained on my wedding day too ..... it doesn't spoil it though :)
My reading last night was 5.2 so really pleased I managed the yorkshire pudding cos they are one of my favourite things :lol:
I've got the test strips and lancets on repeat prescription, was the lancets not on your prescription Naomi! If they weren't then you won't automatically be given them, you'll need to see your GP for a prescription xx

Think rain on your wedding day is actually meant to be good luck!

Not sure, will have to check the prescription. That's fab that your levels were so good. My after breakfast levels were high again today - still within my limit but higher than they ever are at other points in the day so think I need to start limiting the carb at breakfast time. Think it also doesn't help that the hour between eating and testing I'm sat in the car so not mobile at all.

Just had lunch and going to head out for a walk for 15 mins to make the most of the sunshine. It's beautiful here today!

Xxx

Grr my lunch levels were high too - 6.8 after an hour - had a 15 minute walk in that time and can't work out why they were higher than any other day! It's infruriating. My levels were 7.2 an hour after breakfast (one weetabix, a little full fat greek yogurt and four raspberries but no movement during hour due to dtiving) and then after lunch they were 6.8 (one wholegrain wrap with lettuce, chicken and a little cheese. Followed by 3 strawberries and a 15 minute walk). I've had that exact lunch on other days and had levels of 4.8 after an hour so how are they so high today? Still within my 7.8 limit but really creeping up and I can't understand it!!!

Bit worried that they're just going to continue to rise... but such a huge jump from other lunch readings recently. Don't like feeling out of control - have coped so far because I've felt like as long as I'm good with what I eat my levels have been ok. But now it feels like I've been good today but still had high levels!!! Xxx

naomi I am in the same boat I have a feeling before long I will be on tabs they say it's a progressive thing so things that worked before might stop 32-36 weeks is supposed to be harder to control x have a clinic app next week so will see what happens then x

Argh it's tough isn't it! Although luckily my levels have been good again yesterday and today so hoping it was just a blip!! Will have to see how it goes though. I don't want to get to the point where I'm starving myself to keep my levels low!
I'm definitely finding a little walk after meals helps though - even just 15 minutes round the block seems to make a difference xxx

Don't be starving yourself Naomi, it'll only make it worse. Try having more protein and reducing the carbs a little. As Sansk says it is progressive and out with our control if we're following good diabetic diet.
I was out for lunch today and had breaded chicken skewers with sweet chilli dip and salad for starter and then cheeseburger and chips for main, only ate half the burger bun and half the chips and got 5.3 reading ..... well happy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back