Gestational diabetes support thread

Haha very true.

Baby was estimated 3lb 3oz at the 28 week 4d scan although the sonographer wasn't too confident of the measurements so hoping they may have overestimated!
Xxx

To be honest, I think they all over estimate anyway. It's not very often you hear someone delivering a baby at the estimated weight, they all seem to be under xx

Scan went well :) baby is estimated to be 3lb 5oz so I think the private scan was probably wrong. Stomach is measuring 30 weeks and 5 days so pretty much spot on, and they were really pleased with my sugar levels. Got weighed and they are happy with my weight gain so far. Blood pressure was a little high and because I've not had many movements the last 24 hours they kept me in for monitoring but all seems to be ok thankfully. They said I won't be allowed to go past 39 weeks but that they will try induction first so I may still get to have a vaginal delivery :)
got my next scan in four weeks and got consultant appointments every two weeks. Xxx

Fab news Naomi x sounds spot on for your gestation xx were you induced with Millie or did you go into labour yourself?

It started naturally with millie and got to 9cm but after 44 hours it ended in emergency c section because her levels started going down. Hoping I can do it naturally this time but obviously will go with whatever is best for baby.

What time is your scan tomorrow? Will be interesting to see the difference on size from your last scan xxx

Hope you get the birth you want this time xx
It's a morning appointment 9.40am, but it takes forever cos first I see midwife, then back to waiting room until called for scan then back to waiting room again until called to see consultant! Can take up to two hours depending on how on time they are running, hopefully they won't be too behind seeing as it's quite an early appointment xx

Feeling nervous about my after dinner sugars ...... we had a chinese for dinner! Will find out at 8pm

Oo yum about the Chinese. What did you have? Let me know what your sugars are like! I'm desperate for a meal off and half tempted to have something nice tomorrow night and just take the one off hit to my levels....
maybe try and move around a bit before 8 and hopefully that will bring your levels down!

I haven't had food yet as millie isn't in bed yet. Having home made meatballs with a little bit of spaghetti and then a pile of vege. And some cheese on top. So hungry!!

And that was like me today except my midwife appointment was in a different place. Had midwife at 9:30 then whopping cough vaccine and then scan at 11:30 and then consultant after that.
Xxx

We had king prawn chowmein, breast of chicken curry and chips! I only had a little bit of each and a couple of prawn crackers, hubby had most of it and there's still about a third of each dish leftover so hoping I've not overdone it too much, will let you know!
Love meatballs and spaghetti! Are you the cook in your house or does your DH do it?
Better to get everything done in the one day though rather than taking up too many days, get it all over and done with xx

Well got my highest reading yet but still within my target ......... 6.8!

Last edited:
Ah yum! Sounds lush! And doesn't sound like you overdid it either :)

Meatballs and spaghetti were nice - not as nice as yours sounds haha but pretty good. I cooked tonight but DH is pretty good at cooking and does his fair share too :) xxx

Posted at the same time!

Oo wow that's not bad at all!! :) good to know!! I'm on fasting levels today and they've all been around the 4.2 mark. Will be on post food levels saturday when I've got the wedding so that should be interesting!! Xxx

I'm sure you'll be fine, take some snacks with you, weddings can take ages to feed you!

Ha yeh I always get ravenous at weddings! Xx

Growth scan today puts baby's estimated weight just now at 4lbs 4oz so following the 50th centile.
Got my elective section date as well ....... Monday 29th August! Yikes, it's all becoming more real! Consultant happy with everything and diabetes nurse happy with my levels xx

Ah lovely, weight is going well then :) eeek and how exciting that you have your date!!!! So baby's birthday is officially going to be 29th August!!! So exciting :) brilliant that they were happy with your levels too, well done! Xxx

Yeah, hopefully I won't be bumped for emergencies!
How have you got on today? I hope you had a better day at work xx

Today has been ok apart from some pretty intense back ache this eve. Millie is not wanting to go to bed either and is currently throwing the mother of all tantrums so could be a long night! We are off to folly farm tomorrow and then spending the night in tenby in a b and b, then off to the wedding saturday. So a busy but nice few days ahead!

And yeh hopefully they will stick to the date! Xxx

Oh no ..... melting your heart last night and having you ripping your hair out tonight lol hope she settles soon for you.
Sounds like a lovely few days ahead, have a great time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back