Gah, I hate bad news

Geekachublog

Reaction score
A girl at work has recently gone on maternity leave, we have had a call today to tell us that she's sadly lost the baby a week before her due date. My heart bleeds for her, I don't know her that well but I cried for her when I was told.
Doesn't help the constant worry. :(

Omg that's tragic, that poor girl.
So so sad :( xx

Oh my I hate to hear these stories, the poor thing, did she have any idea anything was wrong or was it just unexpected?

You really are never out of the woods are you :( xx

That's so sad!:( I feel like crying! My thoughts are with her!xxx

Gosh we all feel terrible. Your reaction is normal especially as you are expecting. What a horror story.

She didn't have a clue, she and her partner are devastated. She was de to have an elective c section so went on Monday for a check up, but sadly the baby had to be delivered and the heartbeat wasn't there.

I feel so sad for her.

How on earth do you deal with that. Poor poor people. The nursery and everything must have been done :(

OMG thats terrible, I cant even begin to imagine how she must be feeling. So so sad!! x

Jesus, what heartbreaking news.

It is so rare but it sadly does happen and it makes me so thankful to have a beautiful and healthy baby.

I would suggest that your work send them some flowers, just something tasteful?

Also depending on how well you know the lady in question maybe you can send a person message so she knows you are thinking of her.

xxxxx

Last edited:
That brought a tear to my eye.

This whole process is so stressful but you kind of feel that once you get to TRI2 there's not so much that can go wrong until the arrival. Just puts it all in perspective, I can't imagine how distraught her and her OH must be, what a horrific thing to go through. My heart really does go out to them. xx

We have ordered some flowers from us all at work (not a very big team here), a nice bouquet with blue and white flowers (she was having a boy).
Our manager is going to send a sympathy card from us all tomorrow to let her know that we are supporting her and she is in our thoughts.

The terrifying thing is that this girl and another have gone on maternity at the same time and the exact same thing happened to the other girl at 36 weeks with her last pregnancy (this one seems to be fine for her). I am just lost for words, my heart is breaking for her.

Oh god, that is so awful! When you get that far into your pregnancy you always assume everything will go according to plan. So sad :( x

Its just heart breaking when this happens, just awful

How sad. I can't imagine what that must be like. Thoughts are with your colleague. xxx

It put me right back to square one with my worrying woes, so now I have to realise that what will be will be and man the hell up a bit! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back