Bad news from work ..

gemmap27

Reaction score
Work have just called everybody into meetings to tell us that we are having redundancies in the new year! We dont have any idea whos affected yet and how many. They will start the offical process on the 14th Jan! What a nice thing to worry about over christmas!!

We are supposed to be having a pig roast and drinks tomorrow lunchtime in the factory! What fun thats gonna be!

Im not to worried cause if they make me redundant I will still get maternity pay for 39 weeks and it gives me a chance to find a new job. I just could do without the hassle and worry with the baby coming soon!

what rotten timing. I bet there'll be a few ruined Christmasses over your way then.....

:hug: :hug:

I agree, why tell you now and ruin everyone's xmas :x
At least your maternity pay won't be affected :hug: :hug:

gemma, exactly the same thing happeed with me when I was pregnant with my son. It ended up working to my advantage cos I got my maternity pay anyway and the redundancy money made life a bit easier when money was tight. I ended up going to a job I really liked and fitted perfectly around my childcare arrangements. Try not to worry, everything will work out ok in the end. :hug: :hug:

There was talk that my DH would be made redundant in April (baby due in May!) - thankfully this has alkl sorted itself out. Hope things for you work out x x x

awww thats awful hun, at least u'll still get maternity pay tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back