*Forum Meet in York - 12 noon, Friday 20 June 2008* see pg1

I'd say so.. really looking forward to it :) can't wait to book room and train ticket (friday is payday!).

I got a reply from York Tourist info.. they sent me a list of breastfeeding friendly places, which I would assume to also be child friendly.

One of which is Slug and Lettuce which has been a firm favourite in Derby on the couple of mini-meets I've been to there, and they've been fab with us there, setting aside tables for us and space for prams and they have a fab baby changing.. I've not been to the one in York but I can give them a call (unless anyone has any objections) to see if they could cater for us? The food is great and not too expensive either.

Failing that I'll keep looking up some of the other cafes on the list and see if they are central etc. Slug and Lettuce is not far from the Minster, and down one stretch away from a shopping centre. York station is pretty central too from what google maps says in case any of you were wondering..

We'll also need to think of a time to meet - I'll let you guys know when I book my train ticket when I can get in for, but probably 11 or 12 ish would be good? Just so that we can all get there and makes for a good time for mummy and baby lunchtimes.

Any ideas or suggestions anyone, post away :D

x

Ah well if you're all meeting at 11 or 12 then I can't come. Have fun everybody

You could join us all later on if we progressed to shopping centre etc?

Well I had the same situation with the manchester meet and peple were talking about leaving at around 3pm (dunno what time everybody did leave) so if it was the same sort of thing it would be really pointless me going for an hour.

:( Sorry girls I can not make this as I can not get the day off work. I look forward to seeing the pics.

Yeh i can possibly make it, just checked and theres a train direct from here too :)

updated list...

interested...

leckershell (of course)
MissSara
Sweetcheeks24
mrs_tommo22
babyroo
Lola's Mummy
Babylicious
Keano_forever
bunnymom1980
valentine
Sarah&LJ
monster_munch
EmmyLou
jools221181 (try to pursuade claire! :D)
Snuggle
Emma58
jennywren
happy_chick

maybe...

Geordie Lass
grace1983
Happybunny
Xena
budge

I don't think I'll be in a travelodge now by the way, dependant on train prices it might be easier for me to just go up by train and back down the same day leaving York maybe 5 or 6 ish so I'm at least home for 9 :D

Bumping this back up - Can we just confirm Dates - Is it Friday 20th June in York?

:)

Put me on the definates list :D
as long as Colliers not over due
and hes not allowed to be :shakehead: :lol: i will be there with bells on :cheer: :cheer:

sarah :wave:

Wanted to mention this hotel in Leeds as its quite cheap, though never stayed in one, so cannot confirm what its like, don't know if they have them elsewhere :hug:

Etap Hotel £35 a night

Friday 20th June in York :D

I'm going to go and come back the same day now instead of having a hotel. Need to get my train ticket really...!! Looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back