For those who may be intersted re step brother

bowmanzoo

Reaction score
Hi

Well today we finally put hubbys step brother to rest. The funeral was absolutly out of this world and was packed full of military boys and men and police for security, then their was family and friends ect and it was absolutly packed and over welming. Not everybody could get into the church, a lot still had to stand outside while the service went ahead. The coffin was carried by the soliders themselves followered by more soilders, family and morners and there was a 2 minute silence followed by the lads setting off their guns before we finally went into the church. The church service was also wonderful with a few speakers from the army and also his step dady, hubbys bio dad and it was all so very moving. The coffin had the union flag on which the army lads undressed just before sending him for cremation. There is a link here to a story of it as there was also press and the bbc news team at the funeral.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds ... 367284.stm

I saw this on the news this morning and wondered if it was your relative.

I'm glad they gave him a good send off :hug:

Gosh, the news article is so moving....
Hope you are all Ok and things improve for you all soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh my god hun I'm so sorry... It's really moving and I really hope you and your OH are coping ok considering?

:hug: xxx

So sorry for your loss, really glad that he got a good send off :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
I saw it on the news and mentioned it to OH
It's really sad, the funeral looked very moving.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks girls. the funeral was extrimly moving and absolutly blew me away. Went out today with father in-law and hubbys step mum and I'm so shocked at how well she seems to be coping, yeah she gets teary eyed but shes soooooo strong to say the least. I don't think I could be that strong if I lost a son at the tender age of just 20 years old.

One thing I've learnt is life can be so short so if there's something you want to do today or something you need to say to somebody then don't delay and just do it cause tommorow might never come.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thats a diffuclt thing to deal with... And your right life is just too short!

I am sorry for your and your families loss :hug: :hug: :hug:
He was a very very brave man and i'm glad he got the send off he deserved.

Im so sorry for everything youve had to go through, life really is far too short :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back