Food you've never heard of??

Squiglet said:
Kimbo said:
how about..... parched peas??
Peas are a sin against nature.... :puke:

:rotfl:

Sometimes called "Black Peas", long soaked overnight and simmered slow to produce a type of mushy pea, popular in Bolton, and traditionally sold a funfairs. 'Parching' was an old term for long slow boiling.

lol

oh and Manchester Tart... its a cake lol

A Manchester tart is a traditional English baked tart consisting of a shortcrust pastry shell, spread with jam, covered with a custard filling and topped with flakes of coconut and a Maraschino cherry. One variation includes slices of banana underneath the custard with the jam.

crumpets are crumpets :D

and pikelets are thinner crumpets that seem to cost more in tesco :think: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i just looked the recipe is the same, but crumpets are cooked in a ring so they stay a nice round shape lol

paradysso said:
crumpets are crumpets :D

and pikelets are thinner crumpets that seem to cost more in tesco :think: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i just looked the recipe is the same, but crumpets are cooked in a ring so they stay a nice round shape lol

Hmmmmm....I always just called crumpets pikelets......get that from my mom, maybe she was trying to be posh :rotfl:

lol maybe...... every pilkelet recipe i find seems to involve smoked salmon and the like :rotfl:

Im orignally from Notts/Derbys area and moved to Essex.
There seems to be a lot of variations becuase of the great North/South divide !!! Lol

I miss Chips & Gravy, or Chips & Mushy Peas, ask for them here and you will get some strange looks ! To me this is normal Northern Quisine, thank-god Im moving back :cheer:

But then again, Pie & Liquor aint weird is it lol :rotfl:

Guadagnia said:
But then again, Pie & Liquor aint weird is it lol :rotfl:

mmmmmmmm pie and liquor... I miss me pie and mash shops... :cry: :cry: :cry:

pikelets are a lot thinner here - like an oatcake (staffs not scot) with raisins in

Squiglet said:
Kimbo said:
Squiglet said:
Kimbo said:

Yer northerner language for FILM.. as in pictures... as in cinema... correctly pronounced...

Why aye man, gona go see a a FILLEM... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: (Oh God I hope my mum don't read this :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: )

Ohhhhhhh think you're on about geordies :rotfl:

i sound more like the cast of coronation street :rotfl: :rotfl:

Psssf... all the same... all from UP THERE... :wink:

I wouldn't say that to a mackem :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member