cooking dinner - help?

leckershell

Reaction score
Ok, it's either we make something out of this, or we get a takeaway, or I run across to Aldi and buy some southern fried chicken pieces! I'm just trying to save myself a walk to the shop (albeit a 5 minute walk).

This is what we have in... anyone any ideas what I can make? The main problem is not having any 'proper' meat or veg in the house to make anything with...

Sausages + Square Sausages
Chicken pieces (the small strips you use in sandwiches)
Bacon bits

Tin tomatoes
Bake Beans
Tomato Puree
Stock cubes (chicken and beef)

Chips
Frozen Roast Potatoes
Pasta spirals - fusilli?
Rice (although I'm a bit crap at making it)
Frozen Shortcrust/Puff/Filo pastry sheets

Carbonara Pasta Sauce
Tomato/Basil Pasta Sauce
Chicken/Beef/Onion Gravy

Loads of herb jars, you name it I probably have it.

Erm... bread...?! cheese.. butter, sugar/flour/coconut/raisins/nuts... other standard cooking cupboard ingredients.

Any ideas? I was thinking pasta sauce, chicken pieces and pasta, but can you make any other, more original, options from that?

I like your pasta idea but add bacon too as itas yummy and will add texture and taste to your meal and a bit of cheese on top :D

You could use the puff pastry, put a bit of chicken and some carbonara sauce or tomato and basil sauce in and top with more pastry and seal and make lots of little things (pies?) like that.
If you have eggs you could make crepes (4oz flour, pint milk and an egg I think - I can check if you want) and serve them with cheese, chicken and bacon. Then you could also have some with sugar and lemon juice or with nutella for pudding :D
You could use the tinned tomatos, puree, a stock cube, maybe the tomato pasta sauce and cook it for a while with the bacon and chicken to make a sort of casserole and serve it either with chips or pasta.
Or you could have bacon, eggs, beans and toast.
:D

why don't you make a carbonara - I have just done it and it's so easy and lovely!

Sausage chips and beans...............

Whats wrong with that :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back