Food you've never heard of??

Kim- you're laughing at me now....wait til you hear my karaoke :shock: :rotfl:

Lindsay- Where you from? I seen something on our local news about parmasans in Sunderland or Hartlepool or somewhere, they were winning awards I think. Something like chicken wrapped in cheese and deep fried,yeah?? You eat it on the way home from the pub anyway???

:rotfl: :rotfl: Chances are we won't understand a word each other say :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'll get you a geordie dictionary for your bday :hug:

Yeah that's right, they are gorgeous especially after a good drink :D

Xxx

Kimbo said:
12_sliced_sandwich_rolls.jpg

Those are muffins here lol!

Teacakes have currants in n stuff or them chocolate things! :roll: :lol:

I have always called a gulley a gully, but here in Derby they are referred to as Jitty's :|

I like pikelets, but no one seems to know what I'm on about, and if I order a scallop in the chippy they look at me funny, cos they call them potato fritters :?

Teacakes are the buns with currants in.....and to me a bread roll is either a cob or a bap....haven't heard of half the stuff on these pages :)

Kimbo said:
happy_chick said:
Kimbo said:

Those are muffins here lol!

Teacakes have currants in n stuff or them chocolate things! :roll: :lol:

you only live 40mins away! :lol:

Burger buns.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: OMG you northerners are a weird lot.. you say Filem instead of film too... (I know this cos my mums from up there! :rotfl: )

Kimbo said:

Yer northerner language for FILM.. as in pictures... as in cinema... correctly pronounced...

Why aye man, gona go see a a FILLEM... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: (Oh God I hope my mum don't read this :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: )

Squiglet said:
Kimbo said:

Yer northerner language for FILM.. as in pictures... as in cinema... correctly pronounced...

Why aye man, gona go see a a FILLEM... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: (Oh God I hope my mum don't read this :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: )

Ohhhhhhh think you're on about geordies :rotfl:

i sound more like the cast of coronation street :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kimbo said:
Squiglet said:
Kimbo said:

Ohhhhhhh think you're on about geordies :rotfl:

i sound more like the cast of coronation street :rotfl: :rotfl:

Psssf... all the same... all from UP THERE... :wink:

paradysso said:
Emmylou said:
I like pikelets, but no one seems to know what I'm on about, :)
arent they like mini pancakes?

These are them:

22196338.jpg

More commonly called crumpets it would appear.....i love them with a drizzle of golden syrup.....wickedly delicious :D

crumpets!
with butter and grated cheese on top!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back