Appetite of a horse

kaybee

Reaction score
I'm constantly hungry, and eating is the only way to stop me feeling nauseous. The nausea lifts while I'm eating and for a (very) short while after, but within 20 mins or so I'm ravenous again. Like, so hungry I feel like I'm going to faint.

So I'm eating and eating (trying to be healthy too) but have put on 5lbs in 2.5 weeks! I'm usually pretty self-disciplined - I lost 1.5 stone this year at weight watchers and have recently got to goal, but this constant hunger is making me feel really sad as I can't shake it off. :(

It doesn't help that fruit and veggies make me feel more nauseous and I'm really craving 'heavy' food like toasted teacakes with loadsa butter and chips from the chippy (you see why I've put on weight already!) :oops:

Is it just me?

i'm glad its not just me kaybee! think you'll find alot of ladies here feeling the same way! at the moment i'm managing to eat almost the same for 'breakfast' as i used to eat during a whole day!! like you i constantly feel sick and find eating helps! i'm having my 5 a day but like you always looking for that something else - guess its just one of those things :hug:

Im the same! cant stop eating and im always looking for something to nibble on but everything I want I never have in..... today its toast with Jam.... yum yum

kaybee said:
I'm constantly hungry, and eating is the only way to stop me feeling nauseous. The nausea lifts while I'm eating and for a (very) short while after, but within 20 mins or so I'm ravenous again. Like, so hungry I feel like I'm going to faint.

So I'm eating and eating (trying to be healthy too) but have put on 5lbs in 2.5 weeks! I'm usually pretty self-disciplined - I lost 1.5 stone this year at weight watchers and have recently got to goal, but this constant hunger is making me feel really sad as I can't shake it off. :(

It doesn't help that fruit and veggies make me feel more nauseous and I'm really craving 'heavy' food like toasted teacakes with loadsa butter and chips from the chippy (you see why I've put on weight already!) :oops:

Is it just me?
lol its deffo not you
lol i was like that with all 3 of my pregnancies luckkily i haven't been that bad this time but then again i'm ill so thats put me off eating lol which is a good thing atm as i'm getting married in 2 weeks lol

I was like that last pregnancy, but this one, I have really went of everything, I only like fruit and veg atm!!I love my food normally so this is good for me :D
I have never ate this healthy in my life :rotfl: Wish I felt like this all the time!

Oh my! let me tell u... i need to eat all the time, else i feel sooo sick... the amount of food im puttin away is shockin, im normally very discliplined, but that and the fact that i can only eat wot i really fancy.. today loads of BUTTER and it's gotta be Butter! on 4 crumpets... sarnies, cream cake, crisp's, choc, not too mention the pizza ive just ordered! honestly im terrible.. i did exactly the same with my 1st and gained 4st.. lost it all (not long bk im my very nice pre-pregnacy jeans!) and im doing it all again... i promised myself i wouldn't i'd be sensible and try too only gain 2st.. but as my mum keeps tellin me 'it's obviously what ur body needs so just go with it'

And thats exactly wot i plan to do enjoy myself and worry about it later!!! :lol:

And try my hardest too fit in a little more Fruit n Veg of course..

:D

thank god I'm not the only one! I keep reading that lots of people lose weight because of morning sickness - chance would be a fine thing!

Emma - sounds like you've been eating what I've been eating (have you been raiding my cubpoards? :wink: )

im somewhere in the middle...need to eat all the time because i feel hungry, but the moment i sit down to eat a meal (tonight it was homemade chilli and rice - my fave!) i eat about 10 forkfulls and feel like i have eaten a 3 course meal!! I am really struggling to eat.

Little and often for me. I am trying to eat healthily most of the time.

Good news is i havnt put on any weight yet :cheer:
Bad news is i weigh 15st anyway so am already a fatso :rotfl:

I am the same as Mummy D I feel sick all the time but then get ravenous but when I am sat down I can hardly eat anything at all and I am full. I haven't been snacking hardly at all and when I have I have had a thing for red grapes and melon! Mind you I have been a bit funny eating all year and still have (please don't shoot me) choc left from christmas :oops: In my defence I must mention I am a size 18 so I am not even a skinny minny due to it all :roll:

i am exactly the same, lost 5 stone with ww, then week after i got to goal found out i was pg. But like you, fruit and veg turn my stomach and all i can eat is crisps and savoury stuff. Im looking at it this way, if i lost it once i can do it again, and this is all for the baby, not me. Nothing i can do it makes me feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back