you know you've worked in a supermarket when...

clairescunny55

Reaction score
you start recognizing the following people/sayings/phrases:

when they come to your till: 'I thought you looked bored/lonely, I'll give you something to do'

You get an item that won't scan and the customer says 'that ones free'

been given half eaten sticky snacks because they couldn't keep their children quiet any other way

The old ladies who pass every individual item across the belt

The people who smell so bad that you actually have to move your seat back

You find yourself singing alongto the adverts on the shop radio

The people who buy things reduced or buy one get one free feel the need to tell you that they are reduced or on offer

The old people that are so slow that they block up the aisles, but when they see an empty checkout they could run a marathon

watching training videos on how to lift boxes and wash your hands

the old couple that come in everyday and pretend that they know everyone

people that call you by your name

you can never go on a break without being harrased by at least one customer

people that ask if you work here even though you are blatantly wearing the
uniform

people who ask you to stop moving everything around

The people who buy things reduced or buy one get one free feel the need to tell you that they are reduced or on offer

:lol: :lol: i always used to get that when i worked at tesco!

Bless you, I have never worked in a supermarket but that still made me giggle because I am one of those people who feels the need to point out that things are on offer! :oops: I do try to refrain though!

When a regular customer walks in and you fetch their ciggies down without them having to say a word (I worked in a small co-op)

When kids buy sweets and take ages working out how many 5p lollies they can afford

When you are sickly sweet to the rudest, grumpiest customer just to annoy them

Oooh... ive got another one...

When you get really annoyed because some old lady counts 87 pence in coppers and puts each one on the counter instead of in your hand. Whats worse is there is always a penny you cant pick up!

clairescunny55 said:
people that ask if you work here even though you are blatantly wearing the uniform

I used to get that when I worked in PC World... Used to drive me mad!!! I'd be like 'no, I where this uniform for fun!' :wall: :wall: :wall:

i have always worked in retail and i hate it when you hold your hand out for the money and they slap it on the counter, so as revenge i do it back

childness i know :roll:

kitten1102 said:
clairescunny55 said:
people that ask if you work here even though you are blatantly wearing the uniform

I used to get that when I worked in PC World... Used to drive me mad!!! I'd be like 'no, I where this uniform for fun!' :wall: :wall: :wall:

Just as annoying is being asked where the tissues/shampoo/condoms are in Boots when you go in on your lunch. Yes, I have a uniform on, but is it s BOOTS uniform? Noooooooo......... :rotfl:

You know you've worked in a clothes shop when you accidentally say 'any good?' to the fitting room assistant as you hand her back your tried-on clothes :oops:

Minxy said:
You know you've worked in a clothes shop when you accidentally say 'any good?' to the fitting room assistant as you hand her back your tried-on clothes :oops:

:rotfl: :rotfl: That reminds me of a time back at school. At lunch time the dinner lady must have heard 'chips please' a million times, when I got to her she said to me 'chips please' :rotfl:

clairescunny55 said:
The old people that are so slow that they block up the aisles, but when they see an empty checkout they could run a marathon

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Misslarue said:
clairescunny55 said:

they would knock you down to get to the reduced bread.

you know you've been a receptionist aswell when you go home for your lunch and your house phone rings... and you answer "good afternoon haydock finance" :oops: :oops:
yes i've done it before :rotfl:

good job it was my aunty and she said "eh"??? :rotfl:

laura................... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kim, I've done that too!
'Good afternoon, Comet, how can I help?!!

:D Hahah yes I have answered the phone "hello forget me not florist" to my little brothers friend....he said he had the worng number and hung up!!

Best bit was when he tryed to call again and couldnt understand why the girl from the florist was at his mates house too! Hehe poor thing sounded very confused!

When you know all the Plu numbers for fruit and veg. :rotfl:

When putting through alcohol for someone who is obviously over 50 let alone over 18 and they ask you if your going to ask them for id :roll: like its funny.

Bloom said:
When you know all the Plu numbers for fruit and veg. :rotfl:

When putting through alcohol for someone who is obviously over 50 let alone over 18 and they ask you if your going to ask them for id :roll: like its funny.

and you can spot straight out which teenagers are going to try and get served :lol: :lol:

I work for Orange and sometimes I call through to other departments but your on hold for a while then when I get through I say 'Welcome to Orange how may I help' and the person on the other line is like.. WTF, you called me :rotfl:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
I work for Orange and sometimes I call through to other departments but your on hold for a while then when I get through I say 'Welcome to Orange how may I help' and the person on the other line is like.. WTF, you called me :rotfl:

oh no are u the person who rings people up selling :lol: :talkhand: :talkhand:

Kimbo said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:

oh no are u the person who rings people up selling :lol: :talkhand: :talkhand:

:talkhand: No most definately not.. I'm the person people call up and say I want to disconnect too... I then offer you the whole world to stay with the most amazing company in the world and generally get paid commision to lick your ass (not that i'd need paying to lick your ass kimbo) :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back