Food you've never heard of??

is poitoin that really strong alcoholic drink? and is blood pudding like black pudding or is it different? Not heard of the others though :)

I thought I just posted here already! Ooooh where have I put that then? :oops:
:lol:
Oh well I call them breadbuns! :lol:

Yes,it's illegal and its made out of prunes and potatoes.And I quote
"Dad,why do you have a bottle of smirnoff,you hate smirnoff "
"SHUSH REBEKAH"

Where I come from Baps are breasts :oops:

i thought little bread rolls were called muffins?
i dont really do bakery products tho lol

on the way 2 work when my boyf and i used 2 drive 2gether we went past a sign every morning that said "bacon barmy" and an arrow. it cracked us up- couldnt get the image of some crazy man dressed up as a piece of bacon running around madly! i presume a bacon barmy is a bacon sandwich?

trixipaws said:
i thought little bread rolls were called muffins?
i dont really do bakery products tho lol

muffin.jpg

I would call that a muffin...

Im From South Wales & Moved Here To Leeds Last Year... No1 Knows What The Hell a Risole Is - They Dont Exsist Here & Very Few People Have Heard Of Faggots (Faggots & Peas)...

xCarly said:
Im From South Wales & Moved Here To Leeds Last Year... No1 Knows What The Hell a Risole Is - They Dont Exsist Here & Very Few People Have Heard Of Faggots (Faggots & Peas)...

Errr what is a risole?

I've heard of Faggots you can get them frozen from Morrisons I think :think:

As for Risoles :shock: never heard of them.

xCarly said:

I've heard of rissoles....aren't they the Jewish way of saying a Polish pierogis?
this type of thing?
pierogi_200u.jpg

The picture in the original post I would call breadcakes or breadbuns

teacakes have raisins in them

baps are like breadcakes but smaller and floury

muffins are both this (the sweet kind)
muffin.jpg

and this (the savoury kind)
09_04_8---Bacon-and-Egg-Muffin_web.jpg

in s wales if we ask for a rissole in the local chippy we get a ball of corned beef potato and onion rolled in bread crumbs and deep fried its lovely :D xxxxxx

rach said:
in s wales if we ask for a rissole in the local chippy we get a ball of corned beef potato and onion rolled in bread crumbs and deep fried its lovely :D xxxxxx

Mmmmm they sound gorgeous

rach said:

Thank You!

I Cant Belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve Most Of You Havnt Heard Of Them :shock:

Xena said:
xCarly said:

I've heard of rissoles....aren't they the Jewish way of saying a Polish pierogis?
this type of thing?
pierogi_200u.jpg

Nope :)

I'm from various places in Scotland - I have no idea what a risole is or a faggot.

In Edinburgh we order salt and sauce with our chips, which is a special Edinburgh chip sauce, kind of tastes like a vinegary brown sauce, but different.

Bakery products - do any of you know what a buttery or a rowie is? Or a bannock?

I call the Warburtons image in Kimbo's first post, rolls maybe floury or crusty rolls depending on what they are like.

Valentine Xxx

call them breadcakes or bread baps

and i call it a ginnel too lol

(from leeds btw)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member