Fear I will get SPD with second pregnancy.... Also have Hypermobility

KeelyT90

Reaction score
Hi all,

When I was pregnant with son Ryleigh, I got severe SPD & SJD from 12 weeks. I was signed off physio as it was too painful, I took cocodamol all the way through until I had to be weaned off at 35 weeks, I was on crutches & wore a support belt & they ended up inducing me at 38 weeks as the pain was unbearable since reducing the pain relief...... The consultant told me it gets worse with pregnancies.
I already suffer with Hypermobility Syndrome in the hips.

Did anybody experience it earlier & more painful the next time around?

Would love to hear your experiences. x

Mine wasnt/isnt as bad as yours sounded! You poor thing :(

But unfortunately yes ive had it again. A little worse than before, i also stopped physio this time as it didnt help one bit, belts not helping either.

I was diagnosed at 15 weeks this time (18wks the 1st time) xxx

Last edited:
Mine wasnt/isnt as bad as yours sounded! You poor thing :(

But unfortunately yes ive had it again. A little worse than before, i also stopped physio this time as it didnt help one bit, belts not helping either.

I was diagnosed at 15 weeks this time (18wks the 1st time) xxx
I suffered pretty bad as a result of the hypermobility, so as excited as I am, I'm also dreading the rocky road . I haven't yet had my first MW appointment yet so hoping she will refer me to consultant straight away to discuss options.

Physio doesn't help in my opinion, just causes you worse pain for the following 2 days. I'm sure they put us through it just for added torture lol.

Have they given you the option to have the baby early?

Last edited:
No im actually hoping for a homebirth.
Ive been signed off work since 29wks though due to pgp (aswell as a few other things).. But i manage to cope on paracetemol and thr worse days co codamol, but i dnt reslly like taking that.
Having a 2.5yr old to also cope with as a newly single mum doesn't help matters!

Id defo get reffered as soon as u can hun yours sounded really bad :(

But no im not in that much pain to think i need to deliver early and hoping it stays that way.

Really hope u dnt suffer worse this time hun x

Thats good then. Least you are managing it well. This my worry, my little one is 2 next month so if it does come back with a vengeance I just know it will be a struggle to care for him.

Best of luck to you & your home birth! & Thank you x

And you hun really hope it doesnt get as bad as last time for you! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back