SPD sufferers...

leesey

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help... MrsMc??

I'm only just 16 weeks, and been suffering with hip pain for 2 weeks, physio confirmed SPD on Thursday and gave me the tubigrip stuff and a leaflet with all the dos and don'ts, which I'm trying hard to do.

However, I'm really genuinely feeling like it's getting worse every day. I'm making sure I keep my legs together whenever possible, everyone's really looking after me so I don't have to lift or bend much, DH has taken over all the household responsibilities, and I'm resting as much as possible.

I've been on holiday all week, and it's got worse, I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I go back to work next week. I have primary ones (reception I think in England?) and the physio has said I need to completely stop myself from going down to their level (which I have to do quite a lot) and not allowed to walk about excessively. I've pretty much to sit on my chair...

I'd already decided I was going to take maternity early at 30 weeks, and now it seems fairly obvious that this will be unavoidable as I'll probably be in crutches by then.

Basically I'm just wondering how everyone is coping, especially people who have managed full term. Did anyone get induced early? Anyone got a planned c-section to avoid the last excruciating weeks? I really don't know how I'm going to get through this!!

Any advice would be much much appreciated xx

I've been able to manage by minimising the amount of walking I do mainly. That and managing nighttime and sleeping and I am able to cope just about.

My saviour has been a sausage pillow for sleeping. Doing the pelvic tilts help as well.

I've been able to manage by minimising the amount of walking I do mainly. That and managing nighttime and sleeping and I am able to cope just about.

My saviour has been a sausage pillow for sleeping. Doing the pelvic tilts help as well.

I'll look into getting a big pillow but I could only manage the pelvic tilts while in the bath supported by the water, it was too sore to do it otherwise :(

Good to hear you're (almost) getting by, I definitely needing some hope!! xx

The pillow will help at night time I'm 100% sure of that.

The physio told me to do exercises where you pretend you are trying to zip up a pair of jeans that are really tight. This helps to stabilise the pelvis, also the cat pose from yoga helps too. If you can try to brave yourself when getting up to keep the pelvis stable that will help too.

If you feel it is starting to hurt you should try and slow down or stop if poss.

:hug: big sympathies, it's awful x

:hugs: I totally sympathise I've got mild spd and wow does it hurt!! So I can't imagine what it's like having the full problem.
The pillow is awesome tbh, I find the ball helps as it's comfortable to sit on :) oh and if I know I've got a lot of walking or driving that day I take some paracetamol at the beginning of the day

My dr prescribed me ibuprofen gel which apparently is safe I never used it though x x

:hugs: I totally sympathise I've got mild spd and wow does it hurt!! So I can't imagine what it's like having the full problem.
The pillow is awesome tbh, I find the ball helps as it's comfortable to sit on :) oh and if I know I've got a lot of walking or driving that day I take some paracetamol at the beginning of the day

My dr prescribed me ibuprofen gel which apparently is safe I never used it though x x

My doc told me ibuprofen gel isn't safe cos I asked about it for my back? I thought paracetamol was the only thing that was safe. I try not to take too much paracetamol so that my body doesn't get too used to it that it becomes ineffective, I imagine it's going to be needed further down the line though!! xx

You can get codeine phosphate if it gets really bad. I have a massive box of them I got from the doctor on prescription.

Doc also mentioned the ibuprofen gel too but I didn't bother with that.

You can get codeine phosphate if it gets really bad. I have a massive box of them I got from the doctor on prescription.

Doc also mentioned the ibuprofen gel too but I didn't bother with that.

Well that's good to know there's extra stuff up my sleeve for later on. Might make me feel less guilty about taking paracetamol this early on. Thanks xx

Out of curiosity ladies did you pay for you own pregnancy pillows or were you able to get them through the NHS/physio?? Looking at the price of a 'Dream Genii' type pillow which has the sausage shape and a back support as well, and it's extortionate! But it did say it was a certified medical aid. So I wonder if you're able to get them through the NHS? xx

I bought mine, was apprehensive at first because of the price but it was the best £40 I have ever spent. I plan on using it as a breastfeeding support when LO is here.

I got the mothercare one

I bought this dream genie on ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DREAMGENI...ng_Highchairs_Boosters_LE&hash=item51958321ed

I have been looking at this one though as this looks so big & more padded where the dream geni is thinner. I suppose having two is a good thing! i use the genie for when i am laying on the couch LOL its a reasonable size. This one is good for when you are hot - you can lay on the top of your bed with this. My bump is getting soo big am sure there is another baby hiding some where hahaha. I am gonna get this one for sure. Especially with the summer coming in too ( roasten nights plus heavy bumpage by then )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIG-V-SUP...ternity_Pregnancy_MJ&var=&hash=item9759450bfb

I love the look of the big v one, but I'm very aware of the fact that my darling hubby is getting less and less of the bed - I don't want to shove him out altogether :lol:
That's a good price for the dream geni, I'm gonna try gumtree and see if I can get one second hand and just buy a new pillow case cos I'm totally skint after today's scan!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back