SPD

Emma58

Reaction score
Sorry another question.

I have seen my GP 3 times in the last few weeks with back, hip and leg pain. At first they said Sciatica but when I went again he thought it was SPD.

The pain seems to move around from one side to the other and was mainly on the right, but since the weekend I keep getting pain in my left hip and side around my waist, buttock and in my left leg. It is getting quite painful now and is worse when I have been sitting and try to get up or turn over in bed> Last night it really hurt to stand up straight. I am waiting to hear frommy midwife about Physio.

I guess what i'm asking is does it sound like Sciatica or SPD??

I don't know enough about either really to make a judgement.
Apparantly I have SPD and I feel it mainly in my right hip, bottom and sometimes lower back. I was sat on the floor last night wrapping presents and when I got up I was hobbling around bent over like an old woman :lol:

I've heard the symptoms for them are quite similar so it's easy to get them confused.
I hope you can get some physio for it soon :hug: :hug:

sounds like you need that physio appointment to get a proper diagnosis. i've got spd but only feel it right at the front of my pelvis - it really hurts when putting on my socks/knickers, getting out of bed and then just generally if i move too quickly. it feels a bit like a sharp pulling and sometimes a burning sensation down the front of my pubic bone... not nice!

make sure you rest lots while you're waiting for your referral - keep your legs together as much as poss, and limit the amount of walking etc.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Sounds like it could possibly be either as thats how my SPD started but is now at the front aswell as back, I've also got sciatica while being preg too but never had it b4. Physio will help though so good luck with that :hug:

I've called the midwives again and left another message and they still haven't returned my call.The receptionist said she did pass my message on the other day and she remembers me ringing.

Grrrr all I want is a Physio referral.

your gp can refere u too if u go see them ?

sciatica is a very different pain then spd , it will mainly being at the base of your spine and effect one leg , it actually feels like a nerve is trapped and stopping u moving ! eg when i had a lil bowt , i got stuck on the sofa as i could not get my leg to move while the nerve was trapped , with spd , u can move but its hurts like hell !

i also get the hurts to roll over in bed thing ! its kills and can amke me sqeal which makes hubby jump lmao

purple13 said:
sounds like you need that physio appointment to get a proper diagnosis. i've got spd but only feel it right at the front of my pelvis - it really hurts when putting on my socks/knickers, getting out of bed and then just generally if i move too quickly. it feels a bit like a sharp pulling and sometimes a burning sensation down the front of my pubic bone... not nice!

make sure you rest lots while you're waiting for your referral - keep your legs together as much as poss, and limit the amount of walking etc.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh I know how you feel. I am suffering big time today after last night's venture to the concert. I got up a little while ago and it was so sore I was bent over (couldn't straighten up) and couldn't put my right foot down on the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back