EllieBump is on her way...*updated pg 9*

Hi Glad you are all doing well. I've had no internet today, probably due to the storms, and I've been thinking about how you are doing all day.

Speak soon

Lou x

Now that we have been seen by a consultant re today's scan I thought I would update...

There was only one pocket of fluid, which measured just over 1cm but he said she should make more as the placenta is working to 100%.

The placenta is still low but not covering the OS as was previously thought so unless baby becomes distressed during delivery I won't need a c-section.

Ellie has grown another 68 grams in the week since our last scan :cheer: which is an excellent sign that she is coping well.

Bleeding is most likely coming from the bottom edge of the placenta, could be much worse.

And basically once I have stopped bleeding for 24 hours I can go home :cheer:

I hope that happens really soon because I'm going mad here! JP has to leave tonight to go back to work and won't be able to come until atleast Wednesday. Plus by the time he gets here it will be end of visiting hours :(

I miss my children so much that I don't feel like a mummy anymore :( it might sound silly but that's how it makes me feel when I can't be there for them. I have only seen them for a few hours here and there in the last week as we live so far away and I have spent a lot of time on delivery suite.

BUT... I have to keep positive because the most important person right now is Elliebump and she needs her mummy to be relaxed and happy :) I am so proud of my little girl for hanging on against the odds and even putting on weight despite the odds.

Andrea xx

aww andrea tha is great news, i'm chuffed for you :cheer:

it must be awful not seeing the kids, but they'll understand that mummy needs to do this for their new baby sister just now, so try not to worry about them :hug:

fingers crossed that you can go home soon.. what will happen when you do go into labour though? will you go back to this hospital? xxx

That great news and im glad Elliebump is doing well.

See you in third tri very soon. :hug:

Awww thats great news, shes a little fighter, im sure shes to comfy in there to want to come out.

I hope you are allowed home soon to be with the little ones, im sure i would rather be at home resting with my kids around me, but you will be soon hun.
The best thing is elliebump is doing so well in there.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww thanks girls :)

Sarah - I am a little worried about that tbh. If I were to go home tomorrow and then I went into labour on Wednesday I would have to go to Stafford hospital. They would then decide if there would be time to transfer me (most likely not as this is my 3rd baby) and if not they would deliver baby at Stafford then transfer her to another hospital - without me :( so fingers crossed I can hold on until atleast 32 weeks as Stafford SCBU can take 32 weekers onwards.

Forgot to mention earlier, the consultant said if I make it to 34 weeks they will induce me at that point :shock:

andreaaa said:
Sarah - I am a little worried about that tbh. If I were to go home tomorrow and then I went into labour on Wednesday I would have to go to Stafford hospital. They would then decide if there would be time to transfer me (most likely not as this is my 3rd baby) and if not they would deliver baby at Stafford then transfer her to another hospital - without me :( so fingers crossed I can hold on until atleast 32 weeks as Stafford SCBU can take 32 weekers onwards.

how long does it take to travel between the 2 hospitals and how long would it take you to get from your home to stafford maternity, if you were to go into labour? is there no way they would consider arranging an ambulance if you were to go into early labour to take you straight to this hospital with the nicu?

also how long did the consultant say he expects you to hold off for, with the limited waters etc? 20 questions :rotfl:

so glad things are looking up though, ellie is such a little fighter, her weight gain is fantastic :hug:

Hope you are doing ok. I can only imagine how frustrated you are in there especially with little one's at home, but you are a strong lady and are doing your best for little Ellie.

The children will be very proud of their mummy :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lol at 20 questions!

Ok, well Stafford hospital is a 5 - 10 min drive depending on traffic from my house. If I call an ambulance they will automatically take me to the nearest maternity hospital.

When they discharge me from here I will be automatically back under the care of Stafford Hospital, even though they don't have an NICU.

If I am in early labour and they feel there is time they would consider a transfer but it wouldn't automatically be to this hospital, it would be the closest one to Stafford with a cot available. The transfer to this hospital took over an hour.

As for how long I can go on for, they have no idea at all other than 99% of people would have had their babies within 4 weeks and we have passed that stage. They just say that everyday is a bonus :)

everyday defo will make all the difference now, she's certainly a strong little baba :cheer:

so our next target is getting to 34 weeks :wink: i guess we just need to take everyday as it comes now, no more work for you i assume?

take a look at my latest bump picture andrea, how is yours compared to mines?? i'm beginning to wonder where my little man is hiding :think: :rotfl:

Elliebump is doing so well hun! She's going to be one fiesty little girl!
Hope you get home to your kiddies soon and that you find the weeks leading up to 34 nice and restful.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello again :wave: I just wanted to say how much I admire you. You haven't moaned once about this situation and always seem so upbeat and positive which is fantastic!

Like Keano_Forever said, your children will be so proud of you :D

Just think, within the next couple of months you will all be an updated little family with all three children :cheer: That's exciting!

Anyway, loving the way you are coping with the ups and downs and think you really are a trooper with bags and bags of happiness! (Fancy throwing some my way? I know my Mum would appreciate it :lol: )

xxx

Awww Andrea :hug: :hug: :hug:

So pleased the news is positive for you and all being well you'll be home with your children soon and Elliebump will hang on in there and not put in an appearance for a while yet.

Thinking of you all and sending lots of :hug: :hug: :hug:

Congratulations, I can't believe how long Elliebump is managing to hang on! She's certainly a fighter! Hope you get to go home soon and that Elliebump carries on hanging on :hug: :hug:

congrats hun

elliebump is certainly a fighter!

so lets hope she can stay put til 34wks and be a good girl for mummy and daddy :D

Hi

Glad things are going well for you, fingers crossed :hug: :hug:

My big brother was born at 32 weeks as my Mum was induced as she was unwell and he is healthy and fine :hug:

Mx

:hug: :hug: :hug: it really is great news isn't it?!

Dannii bless you :hug: believe me I have moaned and cried! JP didn't want to leave me last night as I was so upset. So just so you know, I,m not always this strong :shhh:

Guess what girls... I made 3rd Tri today!!! I have been looking forward to this day since my waters first went nearly 5 weeks ago but now it's here... I don't want to go :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back