Earrings

Status
Not open for further replies.
so my daughter is a chav because she has her ears pierced?

explain to me what a chav is.

mary70 said:
can someone tell me where the reasearch is that says having a babies ears pierced doesnt hurt them because as far as i am concerned it hurts no matter when you have it done, and if its to save them pain when they get older, most girls want their belly buttons done so y not get that done at the same time :roll:

its not the fact that it dont hurt. they dont no whats going on its done and over with and they dont no any other wise
also i think belly buttoin is a different league to me the belly button being pierced is "sexy"
so being a baby or a child i dont think it would be right

Chav or Charv/Charver ('ch' pronunced as in chair) is a mainly derogatory slang term in the United Kingdom for a subcultural stereotype fixated on fashions such as gold jewellery

mary70 said:
Chav or Charv/Charver ('ch' pronunced as in chair) is a mainly derogatory slang term in the United Kingdom for a subcultural stereotype fixated on fashions such as gold jewellery
i thought it was people that wear rockports with jogging bottoms and burberry etc.... was going to say :rotfl:

but no i did not get Diors done for Fashion.

mary70 said:
can someone tell me where the reasearch is that says having a babies ears pierced doesnt hurt them because as far as i am concerned it hurts no matter when you have it done, and if its to save them pain when they get older, most girls want their belly buttons done so y not get that done at the same time :roll:

exactly! or have all the piercings in the world because you never know what they'll want! and you know if they dont want them when there older they can "take them out"

Post from the other website:

Its not the baby its her that is a Chav....using a baby to exert her obsession with cheap knock offs and bling!!!!

A chav is the modern "yoof". Typically talks a lot of "bling bling" thinks that the Beckhams are the Royal Family and wears a lot of cheap gold dog chains.

A definite smoker (after pinching the money off his gran) and loves to drink cheap cider. Gets totally mystified when his chavette (girlfriend) gets up the duff as he has no concept of life in general. Immune to responsibility and being an effective member of any community. Completely polarised within his own Chav clan as he cannot connect with normal people or society due to having conversation skills redolent of a Tourette's Syndrome sufferer.

Not really anti-establishment as that is too much hard work (and requires a brain), only interested in cashing a giro and having a steady supply of fags and booze.

mrsT said:
Post from the other website:

Its not the baby its her that is a Chav....using a baby to exert her obsession with cheap knock offs and bling!!!!

A chav is the modern "yoof". Typically talks a lot of "bling bling" thinks that the Beckhams are the Royal Family and wears a lot of cheap gold dog chains.

A definite smoker (after pinching the money off his gran) and loves to drink cheap cider. Gets totally mystified when his chavette (girlfriend) gets up the duff as he has no concept of life in general. Immune to responsibility and being an effective member of any community. Completely polarised within his own Chav clan as he cannot connect with normal people or society due to having conversation skills redolent of a Tourette's Syndrome sufferer.

Not really anti-establishment as that is too much hard work (and requires a brain), only interested in cashing a giro and having a steady supply of fags and booze.

:bored: tell your so called friend to find something better to do then reading parenting forums when they dont belong here
:wave:

You're right - they probably have nothing better to do and are enjoying the debate, but don't want to clog up this site with people who don't 'belong' here.

mrsT said:
You're right - they probably have nothing better to do and are enjoying the debate, but don't want to clog up this site with people who don't 'belong' here.

thats a good idea :clap:

and they feel the same too.. so thats good

One lady asked me to post her reply (she doesn't want to sign up as she isn't pregnant or trying to get pregnant!!)

thats just not right at all just because our daughters have got their ears pierce they are being branded a chav :? i realy dont think so

Isnt this purely a case of each to their own?

I chose about 8-12 as then they get quite indepedent on what they like, if they wanted it then Id let her then.

But i cant understand all the backlash against those like Dionne who have already done it for their daughters young.

I reckon that if a child wants it done then she will have it done at some point, so if its already done then she'll be pleased, if she decides she don't like it then she'll take them out.

Its only an ear piercing. Not major body mutulation :?

Charlotte & Emily said:
i voted teenage years
its got to be their choice and they have to fully understand it and have to be able to take care of them.
I would never get a babies ears pierced, its unnessesary pain

i agree :)

It isn't the babies being branded chavs - it's the mums who feel it necessary to accessorise their babies...

mrsT said:
It isn't the babies being branded chavs - it's the mums who feel it necessary to accessorise their babies...
and thats just plain stupid
funnyarcher.gif

you cannot brand all mothers because of a small majority :roll:

Marymary said:
Its only an ear piercing. Not major body mutulation :?

:clap: I totaly agree!

As for this 'chav' business :roll: If some people are going to be so immature as to resort to calling names, then obviously they dont have the I.Q to form a non biest opinion. :rotfl:

wow - they will love that comment... I'm passing it on
I can practically hear the giggles

mrsT said:
wow - they will love that comment... I'm passing it on
I can practically hear the giggles

OMG how old are you :rotfl:

you remind me of a child in a playground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back