Due in September

Jenny I have also been feeling slight flutters the last couple of days (I am 12+2) and I thought to myself surely it must be too soon to be feeling the baby?! I didn't feel any proper movements until around 20 weeks with my first! I just cannot wait to feel (and see) those proper kicks again, such an amazing feeling!!
How are we all doing regarding all this crazy coronavirus business!? It really is such a strange and uneasy time at the moment! The thought of being on 'lockdown' pregnant and with a 2 year old just does not sound like fun! But I guess we have to do what is best and safest for everyone! I was due to take my little one to Peppa Pig Live next Sunday on Mothers Day and I have to say I am gutted that it is probably going to be cancelled, have been really looking forward to taking him to his first 'big show' but it is just one of those things! Hope everyone keeps safe and well at this mad time!!!

Last edited:
Aw thanks guys, really hoping it was and I’ll see a wriggly baby on Wednesday!

@VictoriaNi, that’s such a shame about the show. I’m not massively concerned about virus itself but it’s all quite unsettling isn’t it. X

Hey guys, I'm supposedly 12w today. Yay! Milestone. I hope my scan on Thursday doesn't push me back.

I'm not overly concerned about the virus, more the inconvenience. I tried to get dissolvable paracetamol last week for pregnancy headaches (I'm rubbish with tablets) and it was difficult. Worried about having enough/being able to get enough calpol if DD gets it. And I usually cook loads from scratch, so the lack of tinned toms is a pain.
But yeah, biggest concern is being stuck in with a 2.5yo, esp being pregnant. Least everyone will hopefully know about that by end of the weekend.

I've given in today and allowed DD to have her tablet to eat h films in the house. Usually only for long journeys and holidays. Saves my sanity and having to watch Disney all day

hi all was just catching up on all that’s been put on.
scan is this thursday and it can’t come quick enough, i for some reason feel worried i don’t know if that’s normal cus i have no reason to worry ‍♀️ just want to know that little one is okay and see them!
good to see no one is particularly worried about this coronavirus, i’m tending to just keep myself to myself but it’s a bit hard working in a shop!
i’ve suffered badly with morning sickness this weekend, i’m 11+6 today so was hoping it had subsided but came back with a vengeance yesterday! hope everyone is doing well x

So how is everyone with the latest announcement this eve by Boris. Pregnant ladies included in the higher risk as a precaution.

Thankfully over here in NI alot off parents are taking their children out off school. I am one for sure.. I just think they risk is too great. I've seen plenty reports from diff families how children are affected.
Our school has decided to shut for rest off the week and I know there hoping the goverment will close schools from then on. The school is getting necessary online work to keep us going for next few months. Whole thing is kinda sad.

Hey @TTC no2, it’s all getting a bit crazy isn’t it. My whole company UK wide have been told to work from home so I’ll be doing that for the foreseeable. Lucky to have a job which that works for. My husband works in the NHS though so he’ll obvs be working so I’ll have to keep my son in nursery as long as it’s open.

Not massively concerned about the virus itself for me - I do think the pregnant women as high risk is probably overly cautious (but I get why we would be included, just a lack of evidence) but I’ll obviously abide by the guidelines.

12 weeks today! The big day for me tomorrow....12.30...going to be so many tears either way!! Xx

Hey @TTC no2, it’s all getting a bit crazy isn’t it. My whole company UK wide have been told to work from home so I’ll be doing that for the foreseeable. Lucky to have a job which that works for. My husband works in the NHS though so he’ll obvs be working so I’ll have to keep my son in nursery as long as it’s open.

Not massively concerned about the virus itself for me - I do think the pregnant women as high risk is probably overly cautious (but I get why we would be included, just a lack of evidence) but I’ll obviously abide by the guidelines.

12 weeks today! The big day for me tomorrow....12.30...going to be so many tears either way!! Xx
oooo that’s exciting that it’s the big day tomorrow! mine is on thursday and i’m looking forward to it!
was gonna say what is everyone doing about this whole isolation thing? i work in a supermarket so have to go in and work it’s a tough one x

Hey Jenny, I hope today went well. (Sorry if you've already posted, having problems with my tablet loading things.)x

Hello everyone! So so pleased to say that we had a fabulous experience at dating scan today and baby was a wriggling little fidget. Measuring a couple of days ahead so now 12&3.

The radiographer was brilliant, told her our past experience and she just said “well hop up here and let’s get it done”, said straightaway baby was jumping around. I just burst into tears...she then took some time showing us everything. It was just a really “healing” experience after the horrible silence last year.

@AmyThomas and @robste91 - best of luck for tomorrow. I’m sure you’ll both have great scans- I’ll be waiting for updates and then we can all head over to Tri 2 soon!! X

Hello everyone! So so pleased to say that we had a fabulous experience at dating scan today and baby was a wriggling little fidget. Measuring a couple of days ahead so now 12&3.

The radiographer was brilliant, told her our past experience and she just said “well hop up here and let’s get it done”, said straightaway baby was jumping around. I just burst into tears...she then took some time showing us everything. It was just a really “healing” experience after the horrible silence last year.

@AmyThomas and @robste91 - best of luck for tomorrow. I’m sure you’ll both have great scans- I’ll be waiting for updates and then we can all head over to Tri 2 soon!! X
omg that’s amazing that you had such a positive experience and little one is wriggling away! so so pleased for you chick!
i received a text saying mine was cancelled tomorrow, had a serious cry and meltdown whilst waiting in the queue to speak to someone for them to turn round and say the text was a mistake and my scan was still going ahead! talk about stress! xxx

omg that’s amazing that you had such a positive experience and little one is wriggling away! so so pleased for you chick!
i received a text saying mine was cancelled tomorrow, had a serious cry and meltdown whilst waiting in the queue to speak to someone for them to turn round and say the text was a mistake and my scan was still going ahead! talk about stress! xxx

Thankyou! So glad your scan is going ahead, what an unnecessary stress!! I asked MW after scan today and she said all routine antenatal apps are going ahead and will be in person as need to do blood pressure/urine etc so she said it’s business as usual for them. Got 16 wk appt, 20 week scan date and the dreaded GTT test date all booked in so I’m feeling like the next few months will pass more quickly! X

Jenny so glad all went well with your scan and it was a lovely experience, yay for jumping forward a few days too.

robste, what a horrible stressful time, so glad your scan is still going ahead tomorrow. Good luck to you and Amy for your scans tomorrow.

Think I’m the last one to have a scan and it’s still 6 days away, next Tuesday! Officially tri 2 tomorrow by dates though!

Excellent news Jenny. So pleased for you.

That sound terrible robste. Good that it's still going ahead, but the stress must have been unreal. My experience has been completely opposite - I have a voicemail from the hosp confirming that my scan is going ahead. Was really impressed by them doing that. I was worried when I first started listening to it though.

So I'm definitely WFH now, even though I can't really do anything. And now DDs nursery is closing from friday. Great. I love her to bits, but if I wanted to look after her full time I wouldn't have gone back to work :D

Ahhhhhh, today's the day. So excited and scared. Hope all goes well for you too robste.

Also making the most of my last day without DD for the forseeable.....Shame I can't drink. Lol

Hope you have great scans today guys!

I’m working from home but my nearly 4YO might be back with me from Monday if his nursery shuts! My husband works for a private ambulance service who transport people home from hospital so he may be classed as a key worker to clear hospital beds so he may be allowed to stay! Just have to wait and see what happens x

Hey ladies, had my scan and pleased to say it wasn't just wind. There's a wriggly, healthy looking baby in there, and fortunately just one. Measured a few days ahead at 12w 5d so moves EDD to 27th Sep and I get to move to tri 2 on saturday, yay!

fingers crossed you get some childcare help Jenny. I'd say you DH is definitely a key worker. And hopefully you being classed as vulnerable will help. I'm hoping we might as DH is Armed Forces, but suspecting it's a no unless he's deployed for COVID. He's going to ask his boss about WFH on Wednesday just to break up my week and help me out a bit. Hoping my mum might offer to have her for a few hours a week, just so I can nap.

hope you have a great scan too robste xx

Yay, glad went well at your scan Amy.

I'm not looking forward to what the next few weeks will bring. Being at home and entertaining and teaching 3 children is definitely going to be challenging to say the least. I work at asda for home shopping but unsure if I will be forced to stay off once my sick note runs out. Obviously no choice to chose to work from home either. My choice would be to return as staying at home on sick pay during our "qualifying months" for statutory maternity pay will greatly affect what I will be paid while on maternity leave and will probably have to return to work way earlier than I would want too due to money and not being able to afford staying home :sad:

Hey ladies, had my scan and pleased to say it wasn't just wind. There's a wriggly, healthy looking baby in there, and fortunately just one. Measured a few days ahead at 12w 5d so moves EDD to 27th Sep and I get to move to tri 2 on saturday, yay!

fingers crossed you get some childcare help Jenny. I'd say you DH is definitely a key worker. And hopefully you being classed as vulnerable will help. I'm hoping we might as DH is Armed Forces, but suspecting it's a no unless he's deployed for COVID. He's going to ask his boss about WFH on Wednesday just to break up my week and help me out a bit. Hoping my mum might offer to have her for a few hours a week, just so I can nap.

aw i’m so glad your scan went well chick! i didn’t have the best ex

glad it went well Amy!
had my scan also today, hubby wasn’t allowed in the scan room so had to go it alone so that immediately made me anxious...
gutted he couldn’t experience seeing our first child together though!
baby is fine, strong heartbeat, didn’t wanna look at camera so not clear photos but hopefully
get a clearer one next time!
i’ve now been self isolated for 12 weeks by work so that’s me not back for
a while! gonna be a boring few months lol hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe! also i’m due beginning of october now xx

Aw glad both babies are healthy @AmyThomas and @robste91. So sorry your husband couldn’t come in with you, that’s a really tough one to take.

Great that all was well for you both though and Amy we are now the same due date I think.

What’s your new due date @robste91? X

Glad to read all the latest scans went well and babies are all doing great! I am STILL waiting for my scan, feels like such a long wait! Another 5 days to go! Feeling excited and also very nervous, just wish it would hurry up and be Tuesday morning so I can get there and see baby! Why is time going so slowly....especially when now having to 'self-isolate' with a toddler. My little boy was due to have his 2nd birthday party next weekend which has now all had to be cancelled, it makes me so sad. He is still young enough to not even notice i guess, but we had put a lot of effort into planning a jungle theme party (he is obsessed with animals) and we had also planned to announce our pregnancy at the party as all our friends and family would have been there! We had bought a t-shirt saying 'I am going to be a big brother' to change him into towards the end of the party and just send him in amongst everyone to see and record a video of their reactions hehe! I guess we can postpone it, but dear knows how long all this is going to carry on for! BUT everyone's health is obviously the most important thing so I shouldn't be moaning! :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back