Downs Screening

kellylou

Reaction score
Off to the hospital tomorrow to have the blood test for downs screening, am really nervous as already attached to the bump but hubby thinks it best to be tested, no history in the family but suppose its better to know than not to know x:roll:

yea always better to know that way if anything is going to be there you can prepare yourself before the birth hun we have downs in my husbands side of the fam (his aunt) but luckily all three have come back with the all clear good luck and fingers crossed hunni x x x x

Aw good luck honey x x we declined the test but completely understand why people have it done x at my 20 week scan the ultrasound tech explained what else they look for ie indicators that baby might be down syndrome and she said that it looked very unlikely that Seb has it but that obviously it's not 100% x makes no difference to us, what will be will be x only reason we declined the blood tests was I wouldn't have the amnio if tests came back likely for down syndrome because of mc risk and then I'd worry for the rest of time x

good luck with your tests Kellylou - I still don't know what to do about this X

me and my oh decided against this, we wouldnt have an amnio if it came back high risk and i couldnt be doing with the worry its also in my guide that 4 out of 10 babys who are born with it originally came out of the blood test as low risk so i dont think a low risk reading means much because of this... i dont begrudge people who do have the test i just dont think the statistics necessarily show its better to know coz low risk is still some risk... xxx

Having had an amnio last week which was truly horrific, I wish I'd known there was a choice for this test. Even though our results came back negative for Downs I still have to wait for the full set of results and it's been a horrible stressful time.

I wish I'd never had the amnio done because once I saw my baby on the screen as the needle was dangerously close and saw how much it had grown and changed since my 12 week scan, I just felt this rush of love and complete guilt I'd even considered terminating should the test come back positive. Not just us, but both our families have been through two weeks of hell whilst we awaited the results and I just don't think it was worth it. It was really painful too and I was so scared I'd mc.

Big big hugs ray of light x x hope all went well today Kelly x x

good luck i had it done too but never got my results back the midwife says no news is good news lol

all done just got the waiting game now normally i keep my head in the sand but hubby has made me see it is better to know than not to know and be prepared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back