Downs blood test - in two minds???

i declined the test as i knew i wouldnt have an amnio if anything did come back so it seemed pointless, but i do worry slightly for the what ifs. no history in my family and im 31 so touch wood, but it really is such a hard decision and lots of people get told they are hr and have none ds babies!
x

I asked for the combined test because I wanted to know as I'm 40. I did not want to bring a child into the world where it could outlive my husband and I with no one to look after it. The test came back high risk so I chose a late CVS rather than an amnio and it was horrible, it hurt like schtuck but it was a means to an end. I am lucky and the test was negative and I got to find out the sex as a bonus.

At 32 I decided to have the blood test done and mine came back low.

Midwife did say that if it was a high risk result it would be back within 7 days but low result would be about 10 to 14 days. They also said if it was high didnt mean the baby had it and the same with a low result didn't mean the baby didn't have it.

Think I just did it for piece of mind

I'm 34 and had the test because I felt I was close to the age 35 they recommend testing at. (at least in this area)
I worried myself stupid, but results came back as 1 in 96500. Glad I had the test, I'd have worried all the way through otherwise.

I was going to have the test right up until the sonographer asked me to confirm that I had said yes to the midwife - at that point I said no! Not sure what changed my mind but I'm comfortable that I did - I guess what will happen will happen. Having said that, everybody has to make the right choice for them. And I'm sure you will.
Good luck!
nb. I'm 38 and my OH is 45, no DS in either family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back