Downs Screening

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
Morning all,

Has anyone not had the downs screening done?

I did'nt have it, my midwife said I need not worry due to my age and family history. Has anyone else not done it?

:hug:

I didn't have it because we would have the baby anyway. I'm 35 and obviously much higher risk then you :)

hi vicky,
just sneaking back from third tri! :wink:
i didnt have the screening done but the reason for that was because if the baby did have an illness i would of still kept her! x

yeah, I would keep mine too even if he/she had a health problem. So there wasn't really much call for it.

:hug:

Likewise, Im not having it. Because the blood tests only ive you a rough result so you have to then have an amnio to confirm, and amnios carry a risk of miscarrage. seein as if my baby does have Downs I would keep it anyway, I dont see the point in risking miscarrying a heathy baby through intervention. I would rather just not know, go through my pregnancy without worrying about it, and what will be will be.

I didnt have it either im only 20 and this is my first child so I wouldnt be botherd how my little girl turned out shes still my baby girl no matter what.

The only time I would concider it is if I had already got other children to think about.

:D

I am having it done but am 36. I was a learning disability nurse so know its not just the disability its the health problems that come with it...Don't know what I would do to be honest but do feel i need as much info as poss. Then if necessary decide if i want the amnio.

i had it done...

im not gonna pretend i wudnt be very pissed if i came in the high group... but at least i wud have had time for my mind to adjust

I had the nuchal fold measurement as i'm 35 which put us in the high risk group for Downs. The results were good and have pushed us back in to low risk. However we still have to see someone shortly to talk through whether to have the amnio because of my age. Not sure what i will decide - v worried about the miscarriage risk (as have lost baby before) but also worried how we would cope if we had twins with Downs. It's gonna be a tough decision

i didnt have it done not only would i not get rid of the baby anyway
when my mum was pg with my sister they told her she would have all sorts of deformities and should be aborted my mother couldnt find a consultant willing to support her decision to keep my sister and when she was finally born there was not a single thing wrong with her THEY ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT xxxxxxxxxxx

i had it done with my other pregnancys, and ive had it done with this one too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back