Just got my downs screening results :-)

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by welshchick, Jan 21, 2012.

1. welshchick

welshchick Well-Known Member

Soooo pleased just got my downs test screening results and it's fab news 1 in 11297 :dance::dance::dance:. Just 2 weeks now till my 20 week scan and also I seem to have popped this week and bump is starting to show exciting times :preg::preg:

2. kanga86

kanga86 Well-Known Member

Wow that is a fab downs result. I thought mine was good at 1:1500 ish :) 2 weeks til my 20 week scan too, mines 3rd feb, when's urs? Xx

3. welshchick

Mines 8th Feb huni so a bit over 2 weeks seems like forever since my 12 week scan now just wanna see bubba again :lol:

4. kanga86

kanga86 Well-Known Member

It still feels ages away!! It's really dragged since the 12 week scan, but excited to see Roo again and find out if they are a girl or boy xx

5. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

Fab result, mine was 1 on 12000 and I was paranoid I was gonna be a risk as my sister has downs, well see x

6. TaffyRose

TaffyRose Well-Known Member

Great news hun, I was so relived to get our letter saying we were very low risk. Seems like we all have our 20 week scans around the same time, mines 10th Feb. Am so excited, I agree with Kanga the times seems to be really dragging. A lot of people have told me it speeds up after the scan though :) xxx

7. welshchick

Yes thats the thing we are wishing the time away now and I really want to try and make sure I enjoy every single day of being pregnant. Can't wait to find out if I have a boy or a girl :)

8. Daydreaming

Daydreaming Well-Known Member

ooOoo my scan is 9th Feb, so we'll all be excited around the same time.
    My downes results were good too - but I always bare in mind that I could still be that 1 in 150000, hopefully the next scan will put me at ease regarding any other problems :)
    Be nice to see My Little Sausage dancing again :)

9. Rachel1509

Rachel1509 Well-Known Member

That's brilliant news! :thumbup:

10. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

That's good news! I opted not to have any downs screening at all, because if I came up as a high risk, I'd probably not go for the amniocentesis, and if it turns out to have downs, then that's how it's going to be. It makes me really nervous that I've chosen to do this, but hey ho...

Welshchick, are you actually in Wales? I'm North Wales.
    x

11. misscrazycooki

misscrazycooki Well-Known Member

I didn't actually get a result in numbers I got a random NHS text saying baby Penny is all clear, so was like ok must be the downs screening lol x