Doctor said ive had a miscarriage - but im still hopeful?

It is hard to see or here anything about babys at first my boyfriend brother has a 5 month old and we see him everyweek, my friend text me 2 days after my mc and announced shes prenant, and everywhere i went there was pregnant ppl or newborn babys was annoying but it will get easy for you, and bext week to look forward to with your son enjoy next, take care of yaself try not to stress and stress and stress because it will make you feel bad x

Thank you Nat. One minute I feel ok then I'm crying my eyes out but I don't want it affect my son being upset constantly etc. plus my boyfriend doesn't like seeing me upset obviously cause he cares etc so I don't want be too bad around him because I think it would put him off trying for another as much as he wants another. He's not really said a lot about it he just said I'm sorry you're going through this and that he wanted this baby as much as me. But last night I was bit annoyed with him because I was crying and he was going sleep!! But he wants us have tests obviously its not that simple I know but I'm so tempted to look into going private but I'm just worried that if I did go on to get pregnant in a few months or whenever if I had another miscarriage they might say well you're young so we won't test as I'm 21 so regards to that I've hopefully got my age going for me fertility wise least I hope anyway lol!! I'm also wondering whether to re arrange my appointment because if I go tomorrow and I haven't passd everything will I have go back? Our families apart from my mum and dad but my boyfriend doesn't know they know lol! But I basically got told I had gallstones in 2010 and we told people ive been in with my gallstones and they want do keyhole surgery lol !! I don't know what I'm going say now we don't want them know we were/ are ttc as we want it be a nice surprise plus they might expect us to announce I'm pregnant soon so we don't want tell people. I have got folic acid in liquid form from my doctor last week I am going keep taking that and hopefully that will help us too. Going wait for the bleeding stop and then do a test next week on a cheapie and see if its a negative late next week or so. Will never of wanted see a negative so bad lol!! I'm sorry to hear your friend text you 2 days after your mc :(. When I would of been due with my first mc my cousins girlfriend was due which was hard. I said I don't drink drugs smoke and there's people who do drugs and have a healthy baby what a joke or people who have loads of abortions. My mum said yes that's true but at least you have your son which is true. I think I will feel up and down for a few weeks now about my mc but I would love get pregnant straight away. I've also been reading about baby aspirin when pregnant some people swear buy it others say no because it thins your blood. If/ when I do get pregnant again I might speak to my doctor about that. Sorry for rambling again! Onwards and upwards from now :) I will feel much better when I've stopped bleeding. Me and my boyfriend were hoping go out celebrate my scan going well next week before this but obviously that's not gonna happen but I think a nice relaxed night out for tea few alcholic drinks and time together alone will do us both good. I can't stand alcohol but I think I might drink as a one off wont hurt! Xx

I'm so sorry to see your news hun. ^big hugs^

Your going to feel down, i felt so down over xmas cos kept thinking it should of been different but you have to pick yourself up and carry on which you will do eventually, your son will occupy you, i was meant to go for a scan but because my pregnancy tests were negative they wouldnt give me one because they said if its negative youve passed everything and things have settled down, and my hcg had gone back below 5, so i
Cudnt have one, i spent days panicing thinking what if i havent passed everything went the doctors a few times cos felt dizzy and that and was convinced i hadnt passed everything but it was just because i was so run diwn and stressed it was taking its toll on my body, i cudnt wait for my pregnancy test to go negative you spend so long lookinh for a line then you want it gone!! Continue taking your folic acid now ive been taking a prenatal vitamins for months now which has everything in so my bodys getting what it needs in preperation for pregnancy, price up how much tests are am sure ive read somewhere for all the blood tests its about £150 but thats just for the blood tests i think, but dont quite me on that i could be wrong, my boyfriend was the same he didnt no what to do, and i got agigtated because he seemed to forget about it so quick and i was still moping but every person has there own way of dealing with it altho he didnt show me he was upset i now inside he was and he was being strong for me, amd they havent gone through it like we have it was our bodys going through it so i dont think it hits them like it does us, i would defo go the doctors if i was you and push for some tests theres no harm in asking about it, u will have that day where you can suprise your parents and celebrate, you have your age on your side aswell which is good ages shudnt matter whether they test you or not, i was the same as you tryed to be strong infronta of my oh as i didnt want him to see how much it effected me but by god i had moments where i was alone and just cudnt stop crying and my too closes friends had to deal with me moaning and going on and on, i do feel alot better now ive come out the other side and by god im pertified of it happening again but ive just got to be positive, like you i started trying straight away it took me 4 weeks to ovulate mind you and im currently 5 dpo so who nows, im not getting my hopes up this month tho well am trying not to!!! Xx

Hi Hun i knew u had a scan booked but only just seen this am so so sorry i cant imagine what you are going through
biggest hugs xxxx

Thanks for your support ladies I am in absolute agony with my stomach that I'm crying but I'm hoping it will go soon I'm very lucky I've got a great mum who helps me as much as possible she works nights but when she's not working she said I can go round with my son and she will watch him for me. She said I can stay the night but I'd rather stay with my boyfriend and he takes me when he goes work lol. We are just trying think positive now he said to me on the way home at least one thing your eggs seem ok and well .. My sperm works hA. I just need to remember that I'm blessed enough with my son and he takes my mind off it also sometimes. I'm gonna get my boyfriends bank card tonight & order some pregnancy tests for when we ttc again I've got a few cheap ones to use just to see when I get a negative. My mum has an old friend who had 2 miscarriages and then had 2 boys so I've got think positive. And she also knows someone who's daughter had a miscarriage baby miscarriage baby isn't that strange. I don't want mention it too much to my boyfriend until tonight now as want try talk about it when our son is asleep but for a few hours just act as if nothing has happened. And I'm really looking forward to our night out if he doesn't change his mind as I feel like just getting a nice top or something and go out have a few drinks no ttc and enjoy time as a couple and not parents which is something we hardly do. I'm just hoping I get caught again soon would be amazing my mum said wait a month let my body settle but I don't want to wait :(. But unlike my last miscarriage my boyfriend now wants a baby and we are ttc last time it wasn't planned wanted yes but he didn't want to ttc so I'm happy at least now we are ttc yay lol it took sooo much persuading and then he was like yeah I do then he didn't want a baby he was unsure but when I got bfp with my chemical he was happy but with my bfp this cycle omg he was soo happy on about names and everything kept saying to my son do you want a brother or sister ha and he kept saying yeah he didn't understand though but it was soo cute cause he got excited when he said yeah my son did lol. And he loves looking at pictures of himself as a baby. But my son cheered me up today he was 2 in December and he is coming on so much he's brilliant we had tweenies on today when they sang I am the music man piano bit he does the actions in own little way it's so cute sorry gone from mc to my son lol!! Thanks again everyone for the support xxx

At the moment I feel better in myself not tearful but I think I'll be crying again later :/ lol. We are going look on the net tonight at recurrent miscarriages well not recurrent but because I've had 2 and see if there's anything that can help or that we can do to try prevent it. Xx

My boyfriends friends sister had 6 mc and now has 2 boys, also a girl i work with had 5 and now has a son, so its not impossiblex

Wow 6 is a lot isn't it sorry to hear that! Definitely give me hope :) thank u. When should I do a test see if I get a negative? Hoping it won't take too long because I was only 4-5 weeks. Feel so much happier just baked some cupcakes with my son :). We have had a quick chat and my boyfriend wants us start trying straight after I stop bleeding well we both do so that's hopefully the plan! Xx

We've literally got everything for a baby we just need A baby! Lol. Only because we've got our sons cot bed bouncer prams car seat bath toys everything because it was all expensive stuff we had the best of everything for our son we lived at home then so could afford it plus my family got cot bed high hair & baby swing. So we just need a baby now. I said that if I got pregnant in march we would have a December baby. He said I want a baby now I said u don't get pregnant and give birth straight away lol!! Would love to concieve in February possibly January if I ovulated early?! But don't think I would because before my mc I had 35 day cycles. Would love to get pregnant & give birth before my son turns 3 ( only because I don't want a massive age gap). But I just want to concieve and have a healthy pregnancy and baby x

I had cheap pregnancie tests so tested most days until went back to negative but when i spoke to the epu they said test after a week to see, u could ovulate straight away, some people ovulate 2 weeks after miscarriage i had a positive opk 4 weeks after my miscarriage so really does depend, do you use opk? Im the same as your oh i want a baby now!! Wish it could happen straight away!!! X

Ah I see thank you :). I have got opks but I dunno where lol!! I like the cb digital ovulation think I'm gonna order some on his card because cheap ones I'm always guessing lol x yeah we've been on about babies tonight I said I want 3 children omg he nearly had heart attack. I'm so surprised how much he wants a baby I couldn't be happier in that respect a year ago he would of said no way lol. I feel a bit better at the moment and more relaxed I feel a kind of relief now as well I know that sounds awful but I don't mean it horrible. When I was pregnant I was constantly checking myself for blood and now I know it's pointless because I'm not pregnant. But I'm absolutely devastated as well. But right I was thinking tonight to how long I have been using the cb digital for anyway I used to go off a ttc app on my phone before lol and then I brought opks in around August and got really confused and checking my emails tonight I brought the cb digital ovulation in October. I got pregnant in November & December so I'm hoping that if I buy some more again they will help me fingers crossed. We are both just wanting to ttc like now lol. Sooo broody & he will talk to me about babies now and when to try etc bless him. I honestly can't believe how draining ttc can be. With my son we had known each other a few months we liked each other but both really shy ( he was a Virgin) at the time so he was sooo shy lol and we slept together every day for a month when sex was exciting and I got pregnant not planned but we never used contraception lol !! But I am so lucky I concieved straight away. Then we used the pulling out method July 2011 I wanted a baby he didn't so I didn't mind :) lol and he sometimes forgot and I got pregnant in the August my bfp September my mc. Then we ttc from June last year bfp in November chemical bfp December. But like my boyfriend said to me earlier hopefully we aren't having problems getting pregnant cause we weren't ttc for years just a few months but honestly that few months took the spark out of our sex life & it was like start now then finish lol. Sounds awful but its true. It's just so draining and horrible getting negatives. But I'm hoping because we are young ish I'm 21 he's 22 so I'm hoping that our age will go for us for the fertility side as hopefully we are both quite fertile lol. I'm just trying think positive now and hope that we get pregnant straight away and when I do get pregnant I may ask if there's anything he can do or prescribe me with me having 2 miscarriages. I know it's not a lot compared to some people but if there's anything small we can do to prevent a mc or give the pregnancy the best chance we would. Hopefully we will have a 2013 bfp and baby xx I've not passed anymore blood clots just heavy bleeding at the moment. Also I'm glad I got a better outcome of a mc then ectopic as an ectopic which was first suspected could of been much worse plus more painful but in the perfect world I would of had a healthy pregnancy. And I'm also glad I went A&E yesterday I know they couldn't of done anything but at least we tried and I received fantastic care there. Plus it's on my notes about 2 miscarriages now and the doctors I am with now my mum phoned & my doctors policy is 3 miscarriages until testing so I hope I don't have another mc but if I did I would hopefully have some tests as it would be my third. Just thinking positive now and can't wait to get my next bfp soon hopefully. Xx

I no what you mean my oh has always said noway to babys, but we went away with his brother that just had a baby and he changed on my birthday i said all i want is a baby and he said come
Of the pill then that was november, caught straight away, so im hoping i catch straight away again, i think with my boyfriend hes one of them that don't admit his true feeling so thats why he said he didnt want babies but now he wants nothing more than a baby!! But your right ttc does sometime take the spark Out of sex! Me an my oh dont have high sex drives so sometimes feels like a chore but i dint care aslong as i have a baby!!! I was petrified of a ectopic aswell kept asking the epu on phone if it was!! That scared the shit out of me!!! I use cheap opk then when i get what i think is a positive use cb digital to confirm save on money!!! Like you me and oh wanted to try straight away and started day bleeding stopped!!! Thats good youl get help after 3, altho you shouldnt have to have 3 to get help ones enough but you no you will get tests, and its good its on your medical notes thats why i went doctors so its on recordx

Aw i hope you get caught straight away again :) i have just been on google to see if theres anything i can do to prevent recurrent miscarriage but theres not a lot it says really it just says take folic acid, healthy diet, & vitamins.

So ive got folic acid from last week before my mc, but i cant swallow tablets .. and i only have one bottle in liquid and you have to be prescribed it for liquid form and you cant buy it, so do i wait until ive stopped bleeding? because im just thinking i dont want it go straight away do i :/

gonna look up chewable vitamins for ttc also and try start eating better. I will be drinking one alcohol for one night this month n thats if i decide to as we are going out a week on saturday for a few hours so i think i just need to relax and enjoy myself for one night.

But honestly when i got pregnant with my son we werent ttc, and i was drinking alcohol when he was concieved and as soon as i found out i didnt.

uhhhh my bloody boyfriend is on his phone on google grrr i cant eat cheese, cant have coffee, got drink at least a pint of water a day

SERIOUSLY! lol. xx

I've got eat 4-5 fruit a day
im allowed 1 coffee a day at the most

seriously, this is ridiculous lol !! :(

So ive had 2 coffee today i have only recently started drinking it again i usually love pepsi lol!! But anyway ive had to have a pint of orange juice, hes had a glass of whiskey! hows that fair.

I've told him he better get his whiskey drank lol, cause as soon as ive stopped bleeeding hes on a whiskey ban cause he needs good sperm lol!! I'm going tell him i need get him loads of vitamins and that will help his sperm, he will soon freak lol x

Last edited:
Haha ive read fizzy drinks arnt good to drink, i love coke but have cut right back, and read caffenine not good, but like you say ppl drink smoke and dont no there pregnant and are fine, so i wouldnt go majorly crazy about it all just try cut back, the folic acid tablets are tiny? Could you not take them? There the size of a contraceptive pill? Id just continue taking it, maybe ask doctor prescribe somemore they should do for you, mind you i think it cost more for liquids so they are usually reluctant to prescribe it, i no this as im a carer and deal with alot of meds and have come across thisx

Sorry to read that you started bleeding :(. You have had a really rough time. If you are looking for foods with folic acid, as well as the ones that have it naturally they add a lot to breakfast cereals.

ah thanks ladies will try that. I just feel like surely i can have stuff like coffee, in moderation? I drank when i concieved my son as we werent ttc, and to the point i was very drunk and he was fine as i was 18 .. young, having fun back then, feels like 10 years ago, was only 3 hahaha! x

I cant swallow any tablet at all no matter how tiny it makes me gag, and want be sick. I had this argument with my doctor when i had my son she was like are you sure and was literally trying force me to have the pill if i cant swallow them i cant :(

I have to buy dissolvable tablets, or liquid. I'm gonna look around and see if theres like a few i can take give us the best chance when ttc.

Tomorrow night, opks being ordered, cb digital ovulation being ordered + pregnancy tests. All on my boyfriends card ;) lol !! xx

I had to cancel my scan this morning i was up last night being sick i felt awful, and had no sleep not sure if its the sickness bug cause i had it last week. But they did rub my appointment outfor next week which was made before my mc, but i can have that as its still available. But im still losing like stringey blood, and blood clots plus just bleeding like a heavy period.

We are just trying think positive about it now. I dont know if taking vitamins will stop me having another miscarriage, i dont know :/. But im gonna start eating more fruit .. i like some veg carrots peas lol :)

Will just see how we go. But seriously some people smoke when pregnant and have healthy babies dont they and like i said i dont drink smoke drugs :/ dont interest me at all. My boyfriend likes a glass of whiskey 3 nights a week but as soon as hes finished his whiskey (he had for xmas) hes on a alcohol ban lol.

But surely everything is ok in moderation? I just feel like im putting my life on hold which i dont mind, but it could be years before i fall pregnant .. or it could happen in a few months or straight away. Ttc is so draining at times emotionally and physically ... my boyfriend keeps saying sorry youre going through this its awful, which it is, but its not his fault.

I just want stop bleeding now, so we can try ttc and look forward to the future. I just hope to god i dont have another mc when i do fall pregnant, couldnt go through it for a third time. 2 mc 1 chemical now :(

xx

I think stuff in moderation is fine, so i wouldnt completley cut it out, like you say you cant put ya life hold , and alot of babies are conceived and fine on a drunken nights fumble and they turn out fine, ppl do allsorts smoke drink, until they find out there pregnant and are fine so i wudnt get caught up to much in all the cutting this and that outx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back