Do you think it matters...

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
... If someone like a friend or work colleague already has the name you like?

Me and Tim haven't seen eye to eye on names yet but he txt me a name earlier and it's actually a name I've liked for afew years! The only problem is a girl I work with has just named her little boy that name and she had the name picked out since her 20 week scan so everyone at work would always ask how... is!! Now if I call our little man that name I feel like I'm copying her abit! I've private mailed her on fb to ask but she hasn't replied yet!!
Someone else I work with likes the name Lacey but said she can't call her baby that because of me but I said I didn't mind!
Would you still call your baby a name that someone already has??

i think its good to ask her about it but i think it depends.. are you really close to her? will your boys grow up playing together? in that case maybe not. But if you really really want this name then i think its something you should go with.

what is the name?? pleaaaase tell me :D

We're not close just work together! I just don't want everyone at work saying I copied her!! We're prob come up with another name yet but this one is charley! I think it's really cute! x x

It really is a difficult one.
Hubbies 1st cousins have both just had a baby, and i didn't want to get to set on names as two babies named the same in the family really didn't seem right especially as the family is fairly close. As it turned out they both had boys, and not names we had in mind.

On the other side of things if it had (or I guess a small possiblity) will be a boy the name i have my heart set on, some friends had used for they little boy who was born in June. Even though they are good friends we don't see lots of them, so I would be happy to use the name.

Well my friends just replied that she wouldn't be annoyed if we call him charley!! Hers is spelt Charlie anyway!! So that's one name on our short list!! Lol

I think it depends on how close you are. When is she due? Before you then I'd go for it, after you and it's a bit dodgy. I would be pissed off if someone who knew we were calling Seb, Sebastian then decided to call their son the same thing but only if they had their baby before I did. Irrational? Absolutely!

She's just had him, he's 11 days old now! Who knew names were so hard to choose? Lacey was easy to come up with lol

In that case I'd go for it!!!! What's the name? x

Charley! I think it's really cute and I've liked the name even before being pregnant with Lacey! x x

I think it's lovely! I think it goes so well with Lacey! I say go for it since she's had her baby it's not like you're stealing it as she's already named her baby x

my sisters little boy is charlie and i LOVE IT! go go go for it!

Thanks hun, ice just txt Tim, charley Skuse! Will see what he replies! Bet he changes his mind now!

Awww, Charlie is the name I like atm aswell! Doubt OH will go for it though! Lol x x

I don't think it matters at all! My two best mates have both had little boys at the end of last year and they both chose the name William! To some it was weird but why should one change the name when they all really like it!

You're never gonna get a totally unique name and if it's something you both agree on then go for it - at the end of the day, it's a name that will last a lifetime, are you always gonna be working with these other people? xxx

My Grandad's called Charlie and he's the best! Great name !

If I really loved the name, I honestly wouldn't give a shit about who was called it :lol: Honestly hun if you think it's thee one I say go for it xx

Umm it's a tough one.

I like to think that if you like a name and want to use it that you should, i mean you might change jobs and think how rediculous it was to not have the name you like because a women at your previous work place had it.

Although i'd hate to been seen as a copycat...

Maybe something that sounds very similar?

Riley, Harley, umm i'm done :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back