Didn't enjoy that midwife app :-( Have to go hospital

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just an update for you all.

I had my midwife appointment and the midwife is concerned about my measurements. The baby is measuring at what they class as "small" and the baby's heartbeat was to high and measuring at 175bpm, they then told me I had to go to hospital straight away today which then caused my heartbeat to rocket up due to panic I assume. She then told me she was going to monitor me and baby for a while. Ended up with 2 other midwives come in the room to measure me and listen to the heartbeat. All 3 agreed I measured to small and then they also agreed baby's heartbeat was to high.... They told me they would give me 15 more minutes of monitoring and if babies heart didn't slow down abit I would need to go to the hospital right now. They measured again after they had spent 15 minutes reassuring me and calming me down and the babies heartbeat did go abit lower but still have to go to the hospital anyway, only it's tomorrow rather than today.

Feel abit scared now and like I haven't eaten right or eaten often enough to make the measurements small :-(

X

Hi honey can only imagine how panicked your must feel but as easy as it for me to say try to keep calm you are going to the best place for you and baby. Just play it by ear and ask lots of questions if you dont feel right or unsure about anything. Good luck and keep us updated! XX

:hugs: is it your fundal height that's small? That doesn't necessarily mean baby is. Even if baby is, they come in all shapes and sizes, I'm sure it's nothing you've done. Xxx

Aww... Sorry to hear that. I was measuring a bit small yesterday, and when I read up on it when I got home it said you can get a smaller fundal measurement when your bump has started to drop... Maybe that is the case for you?
At least you were monitored well, and you will get more proper care and attention tomorrow. Try not to worry too much (I know easier said than done...). It could even be the way LO was lying and tomorrow might be very different. Good luck. Xx

Bless you hun, at least they are keeping an eye on you. Hope everything goes well tomorrow xxxxxxxxx

Awwwww I'm so sorry you're worried hon! It must be so tough - I hope there is someone to go to the hospital with you. But remember you have done absolutely nothing wrong at all. You have not harmed your baby in anyway by eating or not eating anything so please don't add to your worry by feeling guilty. I am sure everything is perfect with bubs sweetie :hugs:

Last edited:
Don't worry too much love Tyler measured small and was 8lbs when he was born a matter of weeks later!!

it will be ok hon, they are just being careful and looking after you and bubs...you have done nothing wrong xx

I'm sorry to hear that! But they will look after you and remember that you haven't done anything wrong!

Keep us posted!!

xx

Oh no you poor thing loopylou, glad they are going to check you out and hope everthing goes ok tomorrow :hugs: as others say i dont think the measurements are totally accurate. xxxxx

Least they are keeping a check on you and baby. Try not to worry too much it's nothing you have done, and Fundal measurements are always exact anyway. :( x

Orlando measured small by fundal height and he was 6lb10. So don't worry about that!

Also his hb may have been fast if he was being active xxx

Hope all goes ok tomorrow

dont they say that babies get excited when a doppler goes on sometimes and the heartbeat can race?? have heard of that before too...

Try not to worry too much. I had my 32 week appt today and also was sent down to the hospital triage for a monitor as baby's heartbeat was going up to 170 and my pulse was a but fast too. Baby is measuring 32 weeks. Ur it was best getting checked out, and I was hooked up for about half hour and all ended up being fine. My mw was having a good hard prod about trying to work out position of my baby (breech she thinks) and I don't know if that made baby a bit fast heartbeat but just try to stay calm and don't worry, it's just best to be cautious and check out baby. I'm sure come tomorrow your mind will be put at rest :dance:

Xxx

Keep calm hun im sure its just so they can double check everything is ok, if not your almost term anyway so baby should be fine xx

Thanks girls, I feel abit better now. I am just going to relax abit now and just see how it goes tomorrow morning. I just hope they don't spoil the gender for me like they did with Princess81 lol

I did look in my notes and noticed the midwife wrote my blood pressure was 130/72... Is that high?? Every other time I have been she has noted that it is usually between 100/50 or 110/60.

I hope everything is ok hun. I'm sure if they were really worried they would have made you go straight away. Hopefully baby was just having a dance about in there! X

Hey Hun, hope your ok lots of people measure small all you have to do is google it and lots come up! Take it easy! When are off for maternity? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back