Just got back from hospital....

Annie050408

Reaction score
Just got back from the hospital- goodness me they were unfriendly today! The midwife seemed a bit put out that I had a hospital and midwife appt on the same day- I did explain that being a teacher I couldn't take last Tues off to go to the midwife appt so have them both on the same day.

Then I was left in a room for 20 mins and then eventually a different doctor (not the man I saw last time but a snooty woman) came in and basically asked me what I was doing there (they asked me to come back to check my asthma and this is all in my notes!). I explained that I had been asked to come back after last time and she said fair enough but was there anything else I was concerned about and so I mentioned the private scan and how they said bubs was measuring a bit small and how the placenta was close to the birth canal then she had a go at me for not bringing the report from that scan with me and was just a bit crabby with me. She measured my tummy and said that I am measuring 30 weeks which is a bit further on than I am so she can't imagine bubs is small any more.

Hey ho- off to the midwife now to have needles stuck in me for 29 week bloods - what a lovely day so far!

God they can be so un helpful at the hospital can't they! I hate how they make you wait in the room aswell, why can't they just call you when a doctors actually free?!

Poor you! Not what you need, especially when they've asked you to come in, I'm sure you would have rather had the lie in!

At least bump is measuring right!

It's my community MW that's a muppet! Thankfull all but one i've come across at our hospital have been fantastic :D

Hope you get better care when you go into labour hun :)

Have just been to my 2nd appointment of the day- this time with my midwife- this one went great and she was v gentle when taking blood so all good. Bubs was breech but that's no probs at this stage so I believe.

Nah - plenty of time for babe to turn :) They only start to look into it if they're still breech at 34-36 weeks at my hospital.

I am on school holidays now for 5 weeks and I just know this time in the pregnancy is going to drag as I have literally nothing to do!

Mine was breech at 28 weeks but was head down today for 31 weeks so don't worry, still plenty of time for it to move.

oh annie, its horrible that some ppl that are working in hospital are not very caring. They should really try harder its not our fault they are understaffed and underpayed (normally why they are grumpy i guess)
Im lucky my MW is lovely tho and so far i have had the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back