****December 2014 Mums-to-be! Christmas Babies!!****

Thanks wifey, my mw Canceled today and hasn't returned my call yet.... most unhelpful! X

Rose, honestly like the others have said you're doing so well and if it's any help at all it sounds like what you're going through is all normal. The night times always seem to be the worst because I think we're so exhausted and don't have the energy to stay awake. For the first two weeks I just camped out in the living room so that I ciuld watch tv and stay awake as I was so tired and due to section I couldn't lie down and feed her. But it kept me sane in all honesty, I didn't feel lonely and I wasn't clock watching. I promise it gets better it just takes a little while, I would say a good 6-7 weeks for them to go much longer between feeds but they're all different. But the cluster feeding can be so draining so make sure you stock up on water and snacks. If you find she's getting gassy take a look at your diet as my kids were sensitive to gassy vegetables, chocolate and spicy food, gave them awful trapped wind.
You're honestly doing so well!

HD yes that's normal! I remember thinking my boobs were broken when that happened.

I wonder how newmom is doing!!

Merry Christmas ladies, new babies and bumps! Hope you all have a happy and merry one!xxx

Thankyou so much for everyone's kind words - some days I guess you just need a little bit of reassurance you aren't rubbish. Every time she has been starving hungry and my milk didn't seem good enough I felt so guilty. Her weight didn't change yesterday so midwife is coming out this morning to check again. I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself but we seem to have turned a corner as feeding has gone much better and she is sleeping for 3
Hours after a feed so I've had three hours sleep and just done an hour feed and she is fast asleep so hoping I'm about to go get another 3 hours sleep! Bliss!

Hope everyone has an amazing Christmas Day xx

Morning rose, we r seeing mw this morning too!!!

It does get easier hun, I'm not sure when but we are only a few days ahead of u and somewhere something just clicks and u stay to enjoy feeding. U still have good feeds and bad feeds but the good outweigh the bad and you learn little tricks to make the bad better.

Stick at it lovely, you are winning every feed and giving her the best start she can possibly have. Equally if you feel you can't continental that's ok too just make the decision away from feeding time when you can think a little clearly.

Let us know how the weight check goes.

X x x x x x

Oh and merry Christmas everyone! We keep forgetting is Christmas day! X

Merry Christmas everyone
63ca71b665a7622fff1679955ac96aa4.jpg

Hahaha SaraLouise we had the same outfit given to us - they all look adorable!

Hope everyone had a lovely day! Mine was a bit mixed, started great with just me and OH then my parents came and went which was fine but then the midwife didn't show when she said she would so we were stuck at home waiting for her instead of doing proper christmas stuff at OH's mum's. Midwife eventually showed and fortunately baby had gone from 7lbs 9 to 7lbs 11 overnight so they were happy but by time they left baby needed feeding again and she threw her afternoon feeding tantrum where she won't settle. So we were stuck at home another two hours and I knew OH was getting annoyed with me that we weren't where we should have been but really he was annoyed at me because I was insisting on doing too much despite the fact my stitches were sore and weepy and I was in pain.

So we got to his mum's eventually and I was pretty exhausted by then. We did presents and baby was passed around for cuddles for a couple of hours but just as dinner time is approaching I realise she needs to eat again and that brought on more baby Blues and I just started crying. I just worked myself up into a state worrying that the feed was going to go wrong but also the BBs seem to be making me really clingy to my OH. I just want to be cuddled and to tell him how much I love him. Anyone else felt like that? Since she has been born he has been amazing, he adores her and tells me how much he loves us both all the time and we are both such softies we keep crying because we are so totally happy so it's not like I feel this way because I feel neglected - quite the opposite in fact! But I just want to be close to him all the time. Just wondering if this is a normal part of baby blues?! X

Aw congrats x Your baby pics are gorgeous... Gets
me excited... I'm in on mon for section -can't wait to meet him xxx

Boxing Day was ok, baby Blues free and we managed to stay in bed until midday with me getting up for feeds every 3 hours. Was still exhausted by end of day. Also ive started bleeding more than I was and had a big blood clot last night so will ask midwife about that today. My milk has definitely come in but baby was fussy yesterday - fed loads but didn't want to be put down at all.

How are you doing hd? Are you Breast feeding? X

I am breastfeeding and like you have good feeds and bad feeds, was a definete improvement towards good feeds once milk came in. Weight in day 11 was up but not back to bw, mw happy to discharge though.
Yesterday we went out to braehead for an hr (in between feeds and managed first bath, he had a fab day. Fed beautifully and slept. Today he has refused good first feed, won't latch on and just turns his head and kicks his legs, really frustrating as I.know he can do it.....also had a green poo. This morning, I prefer when they r yellow!
I didn't sleep well last night so think. It will be a long day, oh had taken him downstairs do I can get showered but can hear himscreaming :-(

HD that makes me feel so much better because you sound so similar to me - the head turning and keg thrashing thing drives me insane! she shakes her head as well in a total panic if she is failing to latch on. Only thing that calms her is letting her suck one of our pinky fingers until she settles.

We also attempted our first trip out - we went to Silverburn and it was tiring but showed its not that difficult if you time things well - left the house straight after a feed, got there and went to restaurant to eat and when we were done she needed to feed so went to their baby change bit down the M&S end and it's really good, there is a seperate room for Breast feeding in so went in there and she did a half hour feed then we were able to go round the shops for two hours before heading home.

I think poor OH is hitting a bit of a wall in the last few days, he has a terrible headache and is very very tired. Although he obviously sleeps through night feeds he does often give me three hours sleep in evening after she has fed and is wide awake. But also he is terrified of her stopping breathing so wakes up a lot just to check her in her cot. He has been fantastic though and I wish I could help him rest more but I'm too desperate for it myself!

Sounds like you are doing great HD if midwives discharged. We were back up to 8lbs yesterday so 8 oz more to gain to reach birth weight. Hoping we are almost there by tomorrow's weigh in x

Good to know about feeding email at silverware, u r brave having skyway fed outside the house! We have had a rubbish night A has fed almost hourly and then wanting cuddles not to sleep in his basket so one of us gas been up most of night.....perhaps a growth spurt.. Fingers crossed it's not going to last to long. Oh has sore theist so was going to try and keep his distance but think he realised in the 3rd feed that wouldn't work when A was screaming and I was sobbing. Long day here but hopefully get out for a walk he send to like that yesterday x

Loving how crazy your auto correct went on that message HD!

We were having an ok day although I did end up dealing with a projectile stream of liquid poo at one point which was horrifying! But tonight we are not having fun, she just doesn't want to settle and I'm exhausted, OH has had to keep her occupied while I sleep because at one point he had to watch as I breastfed in my sleep because I just couldn't stay awake while doing it. Now she is up but throwing herself off my boob every two minutes in an absolute panic - no idea why but it's horrible to watch and makes the job loads harder! My stitches are also rather sore so I'm feeling a bit rubbish anyway. I so miss cuddles with my OH too, he always ends up having to watch her for the first few hours of the night so I can sleep which means I'm hugless :( x

I have a new phone and not yet used to autocorrect, lol.

How was the rest of your night? X

Hey ladies..I havent been on for a while but wanted to let you all know I had my beautiful baby boy. 10 Days over due in the end.

23rd Dec at 1.05 am weighing 9lbs!!

Meet Oakley David Jeffery Clare xx

Attachments

• altAgVtJW66FS4ysn-WEnX9Cmirx1RdRqzukZGHdgQK2W14.jpg
    altAgVtJW66FS4ysn-WEnX9Cmirx1RdRqzukZGHdgQK2W14.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics