Confused :( please help

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Got a bit of a strange one here lol. Basically my husband and I started trying to conceive in Jan. I was sure I had some positive symptoms around the time AF was due... but sadly she came Wed 26th Jan :( The period stopped after 5-6 days. But I took a test yesterday and today (because still had what I thought to be preg symptoms) and a very faint line has appeared on both tests :S my husband has seen it as well so I know I'm not going mental lol. The period I had though, it was probably the worst one I've had - really heavy and very painful cramps but I put this down to it being my first natural period since having my implant out in Dec 2010. I'm really confused... can anyone shed some light on this please?

Hey LaurenMM :wave:

I didn't want to read & run & haven't got any advice as such but maybe try another test in a few days to see if the line is darker

I know some pregnant women can get bleeding around the time their period is due but it's not normally that heavy, although everyone is different

Keep us posted

xxx

Thank you :) I hope it will be darker but if it is then that period or whatever it was is worrying me!! I'm gonna try again on Monday morning.xx

Out of curiosity, what colour was your period?

Well I've got everything crossed for you :clover: & look forward to reading the test results

xxxx

It was just like a normal one really lol errrm like dark reddish/brownish. Btw the tests I use are the pink dye ones... not sure if that makes a difference but I've heard the blue dyes are notorious for showing false BFP. Thanks for the encouragement hun.... I'm hopeful :) xxx

It could possibly be part of your lil bean getting all snuggly inside :clover: Have you had or got any other symptoms?

Yep, pink dye tests are the better I've heard as well. Which brand were they?

Sorry for all the questions, feel like I'm interrogating you :lol:

xxx

Hehe I hope so :) Yeah during the run-up to my AF I had loads... ie feeling sicky all the time (not actual vomiting but near enough!!), dizziness, moody, and my boobs were not sore exactly but they were more sensitive than usual and they've turned really veiny and my nipples are darker than they usually are. Then AF came and went but these symptoms are still present. I've used these cassette tests from eBay and used First Response this morning. I used a cassette test yesterday and saw a faint line... same thing with the First Response this morning. I thought I was going mental because I saw this faint line and it became more visible when I held it up to the light... my husband has seen it as well. Oh and don't worry about the questions hun :) just grateful for the help sooo confused :p xxx

Oooooo those symptoms are spot on for a pregnant lady & what's even better is that your OH saw the line as well & on a FR........Its sooooooo exciting for you

I can't wait for you to test again :yay:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

xxxxxx

I know eeeeeeee exciting :D I am still trying not to get my hopes up but can't help it, I'm glad my OH saw it as well!!! IF i am (big if lol) do you think it's poss that I just had a period very early on? I've also read somewhere that flu symptoms are common in early stages...been feeling soo rough all week :( and I'm proper bunged up atm... gross :p xxxx

Oh bless you :petal: I know what you mean though, as much as we want to scream & shout with huge excitement we always hold ourselves back for the "just in case"

Well it's defo looking promising for you & the cold/flu thing & generally ill feeling is another positive sign as well

From what I know it's quite common for bleeding or spotting in early pregnancy & the other thing I've found since being on this forum, that everyone & every pregnancy is totally different so although some things may not happen for some people, may happen for others

xxxx

I know eeeeeeee exciting :D I am still trying not to get my hopes up but can't help it, I'm glad my OH saw it as well!!! IF i am (big if lol) do you think it's poss that I just had a period very early on? I've also read somewhere that flu symptoms are common in early stages...been feeling soo rough all week :( and I'm proper bunged up atm... gross :p xxxx

Yeah I see what you mean ... I guess I just gotta wait now and see if this line gets darker. I will defo keep you posted tho hun... next time I test etc :) Thanks soooo much for your help/advice... I really appreciate i :D xxxxx

Hey no worries at all, that's what I'm here for :hugs:

That's the great thing about this forum, you can chat about anything & everything, always someone to offer advice & support

xxxx

good luck....hopefully if you are with little bean, your lines will get darker and darker :) xx

Fx for you, I had implant and it took me a while to fall, but Kelly in Tri1 fell without knowing it straight away!

Thanks ladies... just to let you know I rang NHS direct just for some advice while I was calling them about something else... the woman I spoke to seems to think I'm not pregnant... fair enough so I asked why I had a faint line and she said (with a nice bit of attitude thrown in) maybe you looked at it outside the time frame and laughed!! I can tell the time and I know it was defo within the time frame!! Pfft! How rude! xxx

Wtf.....how rude was that, I'm in :shock:, how unhelpful was she....pfft!!!

xxx

How rude :shock: i cant believe that they could get away with being like that! :hugs: x x

I know!! Oh well, I won't be phoning them again. I know what I saw so I'm staying hopeful :)
Thanks girls :) xxxx

she said (with a nice bit of attitude thrown in) maybe you looked at it outside the time frame and laughed!!

How rude! Attitude like that is the last thing you need. Keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

Thank you sweetie. I've got my fingers crossed for you all too :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Thanks so much for your replies :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back