CB Digital - False Postive

frances2009

Reaction score
Has anyone had a false positive with CB digital?

I had a m/c at 9 weeks on 10 Dec 2011. BFN on 4 Jan 2012. Period on 18 Jan 2012.

My period is now 6 days late so took a CB digital on Sunday and came back pregnant. Took another one yesterday and said negative (although this was late in the day) and took a first response this morning and negative.

I'm so confused - how could it be positive and then negative?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Oh dear hun!! How confusing...

Firsly sorry to hear about your miscarriage :shock:

I really don't think you can get a false positive though? Not with a digi? So it may jsut be that there wasn't enough hCG in your later wee? Although if period is 6 days late you should get a + at any time of day...

It could be that your hormone levels are still a bit messed up?

I would take another test firsat thing tomorrow and if this is a + go to your GP and ask for your hCG levels to be tested.

Best of luck

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Has anyone had negative tests and then turned out to be pregnant?

Has anyone had negative tests and then turned out to be pregnant? Although you're surely, surely if period 6 days late then test should be positive anytime of day...

Has anyone had a negative test and then turned out to be pregnant? Although like you say, by 6 days late I should get a positive test.

Seems like I got my hopes up for nothing :(

Yes I did! I tested and had a bfn then didn't think I could be preg until 6 weeks later I still had no period so tested again....BFP!

Also u can't get a false positive because it is positive because ur urine has a pregnancy hormone in it, which u only get if ur pregnant! You should do first urine of the day as stronger...test again to o morning! But I'm pretty sure it's a BFP! X

Hi hun did the cb digi say pregnant and show the weeks underneath , if it did I'm pretty sure its a defo bfp as it would need the hormone to register the weeks and a positive xx

Oops didn't mean to post that reply so many times!

Just so confusing that 2 negatives after a positive...

I just looked at the test again (I know I shouldnt) and I might be imagining it but there could be a really really faint line, I mean really really faint. Although surely now because I left it for 5 hours or so it is invalid.

Guess will test again tomorrow to know for sure....

Worried that even if BNP, not a viable pregnancy because my hormones should be stronger by now, surely it would be a strong line?

Sorry blabbering but feel like my heart is being torn in two!

Yes it said "pregnant 1-2 weeks"

but then "not pregnant" the next day...

I've read about chemical pregnancies... maybe that is what has happened. I was pregnant but now I'm not?

I had a chemical pg in January - tested on the Tuesday and got preg 1-2 and then started bleeding on the saturday and htp digi said not preg! Hope this is it for you though xxxx

I'm sure if it was a chemical the not pregnant would be accompanied by bleeding , I would test again in the mornin with ur first wee but its looking good as there has to be the hormone present to get a pos , maybe the neg where just diluted urine , fx crossed its a definite bfp in the morning , let us know how you get on x x

I've had two things happen:

Once got Pregnant 1-2 weeks then a Not Pregnant, and that was one of my miscarriages.

I've also had a BFP on 20miu tests then a Not Pregnant on digi, given up hope only to get a Pregnant 1-2 weeks a week later - and that's now me in tri 2!!

So it could go either way hon, fingers crossed it's a sticky bfp xxx

I had loads of bfn and look at me now! You can get false negative, but not false positive

You're giving me hope! I have one first response test left so definitely going to test again in the morning. Wish me luck!!

Good luck testing! Sounds mixed results but it wouldn't have said pg unless the hcg present was there so fx for you :dust:

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:
Lots of baby dust to you!frances2009- I will be stalking this thread for you results tomorrow!!!

Good luck hun fx its a bfp for you , I will be stalking tomorrow lol x x

Got up to test this morning and af has arrived so game over for me.

Thanks ladies x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back