Confused.com :(

keekee

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

not been on here in ages and only posted a couple of times, but just a bit confused and was wondering if any of you ladies can help or in same situation.

Basically found out that both my tubes are blocked in august last year, the doctors haven't told me what is actually causing the blockages and they reffered me to st marys in Manchester. I got a letter in December from st marys and went for my blood and scans last month. I got my letter last week to see the consultant at st marys on the 9th march. I'm not sure if I have been referred for ivf or something else but with the letter came leaflets for ivf. How long after seeing consultant do you start ivf?

So if anyone can help, That would be great. XXXXXXX

How rubbish that they've just sent bloody leaflets with no explanation!!! Grrrrr, so insensitive and inappropriate. I'd get on the phone and ask them what's going on!! Hope everything goes well for you hunnie xxx

I agree that it's shocking they sent you IVF leaflets without actually having discussed it with you!

Assuming that you are being treating on the Nhs, you and your partner need to have ticked all the diagnostic boxes before being referred to actually discuss starting a particular treatment.

I needed to have:
FSH (blood)
Progesterone (blood)
Rubella (blood)
Chlamydia (smear)
HIV/Hep (blood)
Scan (ultra sound and/or lap & dye)

My husband needed to have:
Semen Test x 3
Testosterone
HIV/Hep
Karotype

My tests are when there is nothing wrong with me, so they might do more if there is a problem, i don't know.

My husband tests are when something is wrong, so if the semen test is good i don't think they need anything else except the HIV/Hep.

If you need any further diagnositics, there tends to be 3 month between each appointment between diagnostics - so if you need 2 more diagnostic tests, it might be 6 month before you actually start discussing which fertility treatment you have.

If you have all of the diagnostics done for you and your partner, when you go to see the consultant to discuss which treatment - it is 10 weeks at the moment in my area before you will be given an appointment for treatment to start but it might be different for Manchester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back