Had Laparoscopy today - not good news :(

Sorry to hear that, GGG, but it seems like you now have options since you have a diagnosis.

Best of luck with the operation or the IVF, whichever path you choose. AND there's ALWAYS the chance of miracles too, never give up hope!!!

:hug:

I'm really sorry that you had bad news. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope that things will look better in the morning. :hug:

Thanks everyone, you have really helped me to put things into perspective :hug:

Im not going to think the worse until I have spoken to my doctor about it, I dont know if they are fully blocked or only partially, I dont know if they can be unblocked, so theres no point in me getting worked up about it when I dont know all the facts. Im SURE I have gotten pregnant atleast once while we have been trying so that gives me some hope :D

Im feeling physically a lot better today, apart from a little sting on my belly button when I move I wouldnt even know I had an op yesterday lol.

The procedure was really easy, I had a general - they put a tube in my hand and told me it might hurt as the anesthetic goes in, I felt a little sting and the next thing I remember I was being wheeled back to my ward, waffling about celebrity scissorhands - which I dont even watch - and couldnt remember if someone had brought it up first or I was just randomly waffling :rotfl:

I had a very slight period like cramp but that was it, and once the effects of the general had worn off I was given some meds (and the letter) and sent home. So all in all a pretty easy and painless procedure. Although ive had a peek at my belly button and it will never look the same again im sure, it looks like theyve sewn it up to resemble a flower :lol:

I have another cross shaped cut just on my pubic bone that I didnt even realise was there until I went to the loo when I got home, oh and I have blue wee from the dye they use to flush through the tubes :rotfl:

I still feel a little woozy today, like a bad hangover without the headache, and a little shaky, but no pain and thats the main thing.

Anyone who is waiting for this procedure and may be worried, it honestly is not painful atall and really easy to recover from.

Thanks again everyone for your advice and words of comfort, you have no idea how much it has helped me :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: for yesturday and i hope that you get the answers you are looking for at the doctors x x x x

glitzyglamgirl said:
oh and I have blue wee from the dye they use to flush through the tubes :rotfl:
:

I hope they warned you about that before hand... that would have been quite shocking :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yes they did lol, and I forgot to mention the gas!!!!!!!!

I have been farting and burping for england lastnight, and still going strong this morning :rotfl:

Sorry to hear that, but its great your thinking positive hun :hug:

theres always hope/luck/fate that youll concieve naturally

if you dont, i can tell you from watching my sister go through it, that a succesful round of ivf is so rewarding and unbelievable, that when you eventually hold your much longed for baby, every single tear and emotion of ivf is all soooo worth it.

i wish you all the luck in the world xxxx

aww i bet your sore today :hug: its good they found something , problems can be fixed , unknown reasons cant .

loads of hugs hun :hug: u may also find that even having the surgery itself as helped a bit , id get bding in about 3.5 weeks :wink:

Hello honey :wave:
I am sorry the results weren't really what you were hoping for :(
Like G3M says though, maybe it is better they found a problem so that
they can help get it fixed! (Although, it is easy for me to say that!
It must be difficult if you are the one going though this :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: )
Don't give up on a natural conception just yet. Fingers crossed for a successful GP
visit. I hope he can tell you a little more about what to do next. :hug:

Good luck honey fingers crossed for your miracle :pray:

glitzyglamgirl said:
I was a bit naughty as they didnt give the results today, they told me to go and see doc and gave me a letter to give him. Ive been home 10 minutes and opened the letter;

Diagnosis - blocked fallopian tubes.

Clinical summary - *word I cant work out* referral for IVF.

Im still very woozy and cant really take it in, but it seems I am buggered and have to rely on IVF :cry:

But I had a BFP about 6 months ago that seemed to be a chemical pregnancy....was that my one miracle chance of getting pregnant naturally?

I cant work it out.

The procedure itself was fine, im not in any pain atm just feel a little drunk, I'll go into more detial about the procedure tomorrow for those who are facing the same test :)

GGG What type of blockage do you have in your fallopian tubes?

I have been referred for IVF as you know and my laparoscopy scan came back fine - even though i suffer from Fluid in the falloopian tubes.

What happens with mine is it works like fluid in your knee or other body parts my tubes can be blocked for afew weeks and then slowly the fluid drains... obviously during the time the tubes are blocked it would make conceiving less likely.

Honey even though you have been referred for IVF id be happy..... its more chance of getting pregnant than the time wasted trying to conceive because you never realised your tubes were blocked.

Aww cuddles really feel for you. There is also nothing worse when doctors tell you one thing, but you know that this cant be the case due to you getting a BFP a few months back.

I dont know the answers but am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason, and am sure something bigger is going to be round the corner for you hunni :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back