Had Laparoscopy today - not good news :(

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
I was a bit naughty as they didnt give the results today, they told me to go and see doc and gave me a letter to give him. Ive been home 10 minutes and opened the letter;

Diagnosis - blocked fallopian tubes.

Clinical summary - *word I cant work out* referral for IVF.

Im still very woozy and cant really take it in, but it seems I am buggered and have to rely on IVF :cry:

But I had a BFP about 6 months ago that seemed to be a chemical pregnancy....was that my one miracle chance of getting pregnant naturally?

I cant work it out.

The procedure itself was fine, im not in any pain atm just feel a little drunk, I'll go into more detial about the procedure tomorrow for those who are facing the same test :)

I'm so sorry :hug: I don't know what to say except at least if you know - there's a chance to get it sorted and still have a LO :hug:

So sorry, sounds like it's been a hell of a day for you.

Sending you lots of hugs :hug:

Sorry to hear that GGG :hug:

Does blocked tubes definitely rule out any chance of conceiving naturally? Hope you are feeling better about things soon :hug:

I'm so sorry. At least you know the score and can hopefully plough ahead with IVF. xxx :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

hope the effects wear off quickly.

It probably doesn't mean it's your only chance of getting pg - just that it's your best chance as things stand at the moment. Also, that you fulfil the criteria for IVF - i.e. you've been trying long enough with no luck, and they've found something that IVF can successfully overcome. I don't know very much about it, but a friend of mine had IVF because of blocked tubes because the risk of ectopic was high.

It's probably hard right at the moment, but maybe things will look better in the morning - at least they've found the problem, and think they have a solution - and you have a referral. Really sorry for you, and hope your doctor can give you more details/hope. :hug:

So sorry Jax :hug: :hug:
Don't blame you for opening the letter I would have done too.

Oh no so sorry hun :hug:

Can they not do an op yo unblock them.

I'm only asking as my FIL and his wife had trouble concieving and then she had an eptopic and lost one tube, they then found the other was blocked.
They were then told they could have an op to unblock it, which they did 6 months later but chances of concieving would still be slim as it could block again so were told to try straight away. 2 months later they found out she was pregnant and now have a lovley 10 year daughter.

There is still hope.
Thinking of you, and wishing you all the best.

xSuzx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

It's good that they found something though... I know the not knowing or the fact they didn't know what was wrong with me.. would drive me slightly insane. At least with a diagnosis you now know what steps you can take in order to correct things rather than just be told... we need don't know and need to do more tests..

There's still a chance you could get pregnant naturally, especially as you've done it before.. it's just your chances are lower, but at least now, you can look at ways at increasing your chances. Even if you can't do it on your own, it won't make it any less wonderful.. :)

At least your womb isnt buggered and you can still get pregnant even if its with IVF, ivf really will mean a miricle baby and I hope it works first time around!

Im sorry though that yourchances of concieving naturally are slim but miricles happen.

Good luck :D :hug:

Aw Jax I have been at work all day only just saw this thread.

I hope you haven't taken it too badly, especially as the doc wasn't around to give you the advice you need and answer your questions. ( I would have opened the letter too BTW!!)

Did you google the word you didn't understand?

:hug: Don't give up hope, I'm sure you still have plenty of options.

I hope things work out, im sure things will be clearer after the doctors have spoken with you...

xxx

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back