Anyone giving birth in Manchester?

Nanc

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone out there is living in Manchester and choosing their hospital or have already chosen, and what you think of the different ones. I am looking at Hope and St Marys. Has anyone experience of these? Xx

I haven't given birth at Hope but I used to live in Manchester and had a lot of appointments at Hope for my back and they were always wonderful. Really clean, staff always helpful and nice, never had a bad experience there. I really like Hope. Haven't been to the other one though. I'd recommend doing both maternity ward tours to help you along with the decision x

My friend just had twins at st mary's and it was wonderful I went to wythenshawe which has a gorgeous brand new delivery suite (not that I got to use it!!) x

i had my first at stepping hill! i've also go a friend that had twins at st marys, was a couple of years ago tho!

I'm going to Wythenshawe. I would have gone to St. Mary's but they had such a long waiting list for scans that I wouldn't have even been offered a 12 week scan so I was a bit put off.

I've heard good things about Hope too.

hey im from manchester but iam having my baby in Royal Oldham Hospital

I'm having LO at North Manchester General :) It's all lovely and new and everytime I've been everyone just seems so friendly and welcoming.

Thanks ladies, and congrats to all of you in Manc. it's good to hear some nice things about our hospitals rather than the usual complaints. I will go and look around soon. Have my first appointment with MW on tues. She's employed by Hope and says it will make it easier for contact with her if I choose there, but will go and see for myself.

Xx

I went to Wythenshawe and the care was fantastic! Can't fault it at all... I used to live in North Manchester and would have probably ended up at North Manchester General so nice to hear thats improved...

Good luck with whichever you choose hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back