clutching at straws..confused..**UPDATE**

kazimotto

Reaction score
i called epu to get blood results and they were at 316, midwife said that when i go thurs they should have doubled or at least risen by two thirds and if so then they would class it as normal pg. i asked her if 316 was normal for 5 weeks she says yes. but when i was up there she said it was highly unlikely that she wouldnt have seen yolk sac and said my fluid sac was not rounded like she wouldve thought it should be. would she def see all that at 5 weeks?? i still have spotting so its prob likely that levels wont rise but its so annoying getting mixed signals. it says on net alot dont see anything at 5 weeks, so why would she say its prob not viable? any advice welcome xx

Last edited:
Not sure i can answer all ur questions but i do know that no pregnancy is 'viable' until later on. My friend had an early scan and was told the pregnancy wasnt viable,wen she spoke to a midwife friend later she said thgat it should've been explained to her...her baby is now 15 weeks old xx

I thought they didnt offer scans until at least 6w?

When i was having bleeding during early pregnancy, i had to wait until 6wks to have an early scan otherwise they wouldnt see anything. The doc was pretty much like well you'll have to wait till 6w next week, if your having a mc there is nothing you can do, just wait till next week (that was torture!)

Sorry thats not much help, i wouldnt give up just yet :hugs:

they had to scan me right from start this time as they missed ectopic in march so not taking any risks. they said sac was funny shape and no yolk sac or pole. xx

Kaz, I would really try not to read anything further into any results without being with the pro's, as you will end up all up and down and what if, try to wait till the next blood test and then the scan and then they will have to offer you advice and proper reasoning behind what is happening. XX

im not sure what advice to offer babe but i really do hope for the best for you xxx

my friend went for an early scan a few wks ago and all I got told was there wasnt much there for the six wks that she was ment to be, she had to go back in 2wks but got in into her head the this was a mc. when she went back everything is fine dont want to give you false hope but just to let u know it can happen xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had my scan at 5 weeks and they said they could not confirm it's viability at that stage.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

hi girls, just an update. i have started to bleed red now so i guess its really over again. thanks so much to u all, i will still be popping in to offer any advice or support like u all have done for me. hope to be here for longer the next time. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Kaz, I had constant bleeding from the day I found out til now!!! I had an internal scan at 4 weeks and 6 weeks at 4 weeks they could only see a pregnancy sack and at 6 weeks there was a little heart beat and then I had a scan at 8 weeks days and my 12 week scan last monday but baby was lying the wrong way so back on Thursday for another and everything seems ok, so dont give up yet fingers crossed and huge hugs to you xx

hi claire, thanks for ur encouraging message. i just dont wanna get false hope. they said they should see yolk sac at 5 weeks plus said sac wasnt the right shape...i am still slightly spotting brown, only wee bit of red last night, my hcg yest was 316 so have to go back thur for more bloods, if it rises by at least two thirds they said thats promising ut i dont think it will. xxx

Oh Hun, I'm so so sorry your having to go through this again, I'll be praying that the outcome is a good one thursday xx

what do they mean by the sac isnt the right shape??? they make it very difficult for us eh??

I have had brown spottiing from day 1!!! its worrying, but they say brown is old blood and they told me that bleeding at the early stages is implantation bleeding normally, keep me informed and I am thinking of you xx

How are you doing today Kazimotto ? thinking of you X

Last edited:
hi claire, they said it should be round, mines was more oblong peanut shaped. and they could see nothing inside, so they are saying at 5 weeks they should see it all. who knows...x

jj,,,hi i am fine, how are u? was really glad u got good news. the spotting has stopped now which makes it more annoying, that was 2 days i spotted for. still pos pg test which would expect but i am getting more frustrated that it just wont be over now, it just feels really cruel. i fully expect my bloods to have decreased on thurs so just wish mc would start to get it over with. xxxx

morming Kaz, i had an early scan at 4 weeks like i said and my sac wasnt in anyway round when I seen it on the screen it was more egg shaped and there was nothing to be seen inside it at all!!! then at 6 weeks seen it again and there was a wee heart beat, its a good sign that the spotting has stopped. when do you next go back for a scan xx

hi girls, well spotting stopped but unfortunately the bleeding started and my pg test was fainter this morning so i really am goin back to ttc. i have hosp tom to check hcg and scan to check all gone. so good luck girls....i hope to be back again really soon...xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back