Closed - old IVF thread

No they don't seem to be good at the follicle counting, though I could just be a tricky patient :roll:

I think hubby is still in shock about the count, not sure what this one was per mil but if total count was 61million I'm guessing quite a lot more than his last test which was 3million per mil. They're still doing ICSI though.

Have to start the dreaded pessaries tonight :mad: ive been dreading these more than anything else, I'd rather inject myself. How do I know if I've put it in properly, like how far up am I meant to put it? :oops:

JJ- great news with the scan and exciting that EC is now booked :dance:

Are you using the vaginal or anal pessaries?

I was on the vaginal and think I would have preferred the anal to be honest :shock:

You just push them in as far as possible. I'd manage to wedge them behind my cervix easily enough :)

The problem isn't getting them in, but dealing with the remains of the capsules. Thick, white and sticky mess in your knickers - they stuck my pubes together (tmi) and it was murder! In fact I advise lots of trimming :whistle:

I actually had whole empty capsules coming out sometimes, like theyd burst to release the progesterone but there wasn't enough moisture to dissolve the rest - really really icky.

...sorry, I suppose that wasn't a very supportive post :oooo:

Tink 14 is fantastic. I had that and with icsi we had 7 beautiful embryos. Good luck and let us know tomorrow how they do.

With pessaries they're not as bad as the front bottom ones lou described. They just come out in your poo. Stick then up as far as they go, your bum clenches for a second then you can't feel them any more. It kinda feels right when you get them right if that makes sense.

Oh Scotch, you just reminded me that I've been having "preminations" about us getting 7 embryos and then today hubby randomly said "our 7 embryos" today :shock:

Although now I'm wondering if I was just remembering how many you got lol :)

really pleased it went well Tinks - hope the call comes quickly X

Glad it went well today Tinks :) good luck for the next step hun x

JJ not long now then till collection of all those juicy eggies!

I'll be on cyclogest so I think I can choose the anal or vaginal route... I'll probably do the vaginal route as I'm worried about constipation. I got terrible constipation after my operation in December. Worst thing I've ever experienced. I shall be doing everything I can to avoid a repeat! Lots of prunes me thinks!

Glad it went well today Tinks :) good luck for the next step hun x

JJ not long now then till collection of all those juicy eggies!

I'll be on cyclogest so I think I can choose the anal or vaginal route... I'll probably do the vaginal route as I'm worried about constipation. I got terrible constipation after my operation in December. Worst thing I've ever experienced. I shall be doing everything I can to avoid a repeat! Lots of prunes me thinks!

Thanks Rea - constipation, not good!

Do you know, all this talk of pessaries, I must ask them wed , which door mine are to go in, the front of the back, I think front....:roll:

I have Cyclogrst so can use either 'door' but really don't like the idea of putting them up my bum haha, things just shouldn't go up there :whistle: plus my clinic always mentioned them more using the vaginal route so get the feeling they prefer that. Im just worried I won't push it in enough.

Ooh Louise, hope it's 7 for you then ;) may favourite number.

I'm aching a bit more now, it's nothing too unbearable but is tender and uncomfortable and I've been sleeping a lot of the day - just a warning for you JJ make sure you can spend the day resting after EC

Rea, I've never had smoother poo than cyclogest poo! The casings are slightly greasy and come out at the front.

Sorry, ivf is gross isn't it!

Rea, I've never had smoother poo than cyclogest poo!

:rotfl:

Get it up your botty Tinker! ;)

Trust me to get stuck with Utrogestan while all you lucky ladies get the good stuff :roll:

Maybe Belgian's like to give it up the bum and I'll get lucky too lol ;)

And anyone who just saw a double ententre - be ashamed :oooo:

Last edited:
Oooh good luck tinks!!! And good luck Jj for ec.

I hope we get some Ivf bfps pretty soon.

Not too long for you now Lou, we are in July already x

Rea, I've never had smoother poo than cyclogest poo! The casings are slightly greasy and come out at the front.

Sorry, ivf is gross isn't it!

:rofl:
I've read they can loosen it up too much though!

It's almost time, going to do it just before I get it bed and hope its not too bad. I'm scared of doing it wrong, why can't they do this things in regular pill form.

Last edited:
How did it go tinkerbell?!?! Hope you're not feeling too loose today!! And are you resting up ok? Xxx

I couldn't bare to put them up my bum, so front door it was ;) done 2 now and it's not too bad.

Just had a call from the embryologist and was feeling very nervous till she said 'I have some really good news' of 14 eggs collected 13 were good enough to be used and injected and this morning we had 12 that had fertilised :dance:
Transfer provisionally booked for Thursday afternoon but she said with having 12 she thinks and hopes we'll get a Saturday transfer instead, they'll call Thursday morning to let me know :)

That's amazing news! Congratulations what a bumper crop!

Wow! Congratulations Tinker :good:

You must be so relieved! They'll hopefully get enough blasts to sort you for a couple of FETs too :dance:

Roll on Saturday xx

Thats great news!! So pleased for you!! Your eggs and sperm obviously like eachother very much ;) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back