Clomid girlies thread

snowbee

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

Thought I would start a thread for current clomid ladies as there are no current threads running at the moment.

After 3 years I've finally been allowed to pick up my clomid and will be starting next cycle. I'm currently in first cycle since mc, on CD29, I think I may have ovulated today so it is wait and see how long this cycle is going to be. My consultant did say not to leave it too long and to get a bleed induced if it doesn't happen soon.

Any other current clomid ladies out there? Come join the chat :)

Hi there snowbee,.. after TTC for 2 years Ive now decided to try clomid. its my 1st cycle and Im on CD8. I started clomid 50mg just on my CD5. Hope this will work. :)

Good luck to us! ~babydust :dance:

Hi :) We've been TTC for a year and I'm on my 2nd cycle with Clomid 50mg. On cycle day 29 out of a 33 day cycle. 10dpo at the mo (unless I ov'd earlier then last month of course) :) xx

Ohh exciting. Did you both get scans on your first cycle and bloods to confirm ov? I'm starting on 100mg and will be having scans and bloods first cycle. I wonder why I'm not starting on 50mg.

I don't think I've ovd yet on my first cycle since mc, going to give it two weeks then go to my gp and get a bleed induced so we can start the clomid.

I got a scan on my first cycle and bloods taken :) From the scan they worked out my cycle would be 33 days. I only had one big follicle on my right, my left side wasn't affected. When I got my bloods she said I had ovulated :) Unfortunately I didn't catch last month, but fingers crossed for this month! On my first cycle with clomid I took provera to induce a bleed as I have the type of pcos where I only have a cycle once every 6 months or so. So it was weird when I had a bleed twice in a row when I started my meds :) She's keeping me on 50mg for now as I ovulated the first time I used it. I don't need a scan again just yet but I have to go back in december to up the dose if I need to. Sorry to hear about your mc, fingers crossed for you on clomid :) xx

Last edited:
Hi ladies, we're on our 4th cycle of clomid. I take 50 mg days 2 to 5, have a scan between day 10 and 12, a HCG shot to make me ovulate and then use projesterone vaginal gel for the rest of my cycle. I had a scan on Friday which showed an 18mm follicle on my left ovary and a 15mm one on my right ovary. We were unable to get the injection this month so I think I ovulated yesterday and I started the progesterone today. Lots of clomid baby dust to everyone xx

I am so glad I came across this thread. I was diagnosed with lean PCOS in June and have only had one period since January which was Provera induced. I am on my second go of Clomid 100mg and did not ovulate on the first round. My bloods were only 1.8 when they should have been over 30. :( This month I had no hope but on "CD 15" I had the weirdest pain, it felt like my uterus and one ovary were bruised and inflamed, very tender to pressure. I believe it may have been a touch of hyper-stimulation however in the evening it got very bad and almost like a stabbing pain for around 30 minutes, then it began to dissipate and was completely gone by the morning. Since then (currently CD18) my nipples have felt like they are on fire and are so sore. I am also acting like a thing possessed, I am on the ceiling one minute and having a hissy fit the next. Not to mention the hubby has been torturing me with the John Lewis christmas advert and I bawled my eyes out which is unusual for me. I have never had this before EVER so I am hoping that it is a good sign that I ovulated......and breathe :p It's nice to say it to people who will know what I am talking about.

Hiya and welcome. Sounds like you kicked that egg out, fingers crossed for you! Are you also having bloods this cycle to see as you didn't ov last cycle?

I am so glad I came across this thread. I was diagnosed with lean PCOS in June and have only had one period since January which was Provera induced. I am on my second go of Clomid 100mg and did not ovulate on the first round. My bloods were only 1.8 when they should have been over 30. :( This month I had no hope but on "CD 15" I had the weirdest pain, it felt like my uterus and one ovary were bruised and inflamed, very tender to pressure. I believe it may have been a touch of hyper-stimulation however in the evening it got very bad and almost like a stabbing pain for around 30 minutes, then it began to dissipate and was completely gone by the morning. Since then (currently CD18) my nipples have felt like they are on fire and are so sore. I am also acting like a thing possessed, I am on the ceiling one minute and having a hissy fit the next. Not to mention the hubby has been torturing me with the John Lewis christmas advert and I bawled my eyes out which is unusual for me. I have never had this before EVER so I am hoping that it is a good sign that I ovulated......and breathe :p It's nice to say it to people who will know what I am talking about.

Hi LorOxley1408, I didn't respond on my first month of clomid but have every month since then, it can take a month or so to build up in your system. Sounds very positive, good luck xx

Hiya and welcome. Sounds like you kicked that egg out, fingers crossed for you! Are you also having bloods this cycle to see as you didn't ov last cycle?

I'm having my bloods done on Tuesday and get the results on Thursday :) If they haven't improved enough from the last round then I have to go back to the consultant again to investigate why I didn't respond at all.

Hi LorOxley1408, I didn't respond on my first month of clomid but have every month since then, it can take a month or so to build up in your system. Sounds very positive, good luck xx[/QUOTE]

That is so reassuring. I'm sure I must have responded in some way. I'm hoping that even if I haven't this cycle my bloods show I'm at least on my way :)

Hi ladies

I'm on my third clomid cycle. I started on 100mg and I ovulated but they have upped me to 150 as they said ideally want ladies to produce two eggs and up the chances of success. This is my first month on 150 and I had two big follicles there on my day 12 scan. Had my day 21 progesterone back today and it was very high at 119.

Good luck everyone

Hi Clare, wow that is a great number, I get mine tomorrow and praying I'm over 30. What have your numbers been in earlier months? Fingers crossed for you x

Great numbers Clare, hope you managed to catch those eggs!

Good luck for tomorrows results Lor.

I think I've ovd tonight, so in theory two weeks and I can start clomid cycle 1. Although I would be ok with catching this egg instead ;)

Hi ladies

I'm on my third clomid cycle. I started on 100mg and I ovulated but they have upped me to 150 as they said ideally want ladies to produce two eggs and up the chances of success. This is my first month on 150 and I had two big follicles there on my day 12 scan. Had my day 21 progesterone back today and it was very high at 119.

Good luck everyone

Wow, that's really high Clare, did they tell you the measurements of your follicles at your scan? xx

Hi ladies

Good luck everyone

Wow, that's really high Clare, did they tell you the measurements of your follicles at your scan? xx

On day twelve the two big follicles were 20 each

Hi Clare, wow that is a great number, I get mine tomorrow and praying I'm over 30. What have your numbers been in earlier months? Fingers crossed for you x

I got 70 in first cycle, they didn't have to check second cycle as dose stayed the same.

Just seen you got a good result!

Any other BFP's this month from the clomid ladies, I need something to bring my hopes up xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back