Clomid Experiences

Good luck, Maybe! I start round two on 100mg tomorrow so will be a psychotic mare again for a few days! xx

Thanks Hun, good luc to you too, I wanna try 100mg next time I'm gonna ask anyway.:)

Xx

Hi Jacq. I'm starting 100mg tomorrow too. We can be cycle buddies. Fingers crossed we might get somewhere this time xxx

Yeah I really hope so. I was so disappointed my progesterone was so low, esp after feeling so bloated down there and so emotional, I felt it must have been doing something other than messing with my head! xx

Well I had a surprise visitor this morning...AF showed up after 4 months AWOL! I'm just wondering how long this will last and how heavy it will be. I did think it very odd given my bloods showed no ovulation. It's also screwed up the Clomid a bit but it was a good job I didn't start it yesterday as planned (I decided to wait a day so that I could do my 21 day blood test on a Thursday which is my day off!). So now I'll have to change the sodding blood test to a work day but never mind, it might be a good sign...mightn't it?!!

I would think that probably means you did ovulate but perhaps just after you got the bloods done. How long ago did you get the bloods done?

I got them done on 21st so only 10 days ago. Do you think it's a good sign?

Well I would have thought that if you now have an af then you may have ovulated later than day 21 as they are only correct from the day they do them. Not sure though. I think an af is a good sign though.

Thanks honey, I reckon so too. I thought it had stopped yesterday but it's come on even heavier this afternoon. It's the heaviest one I've had out of the 3 I've had in 8 months!

AF day 9 :shock: It's ok to go away now, please! Anyone else find their first period after Clomid dragged on a bit? I'm still being positive though thinking this is the heaviest I have had in a very long time so must be a good sign.

My last period was so short like 2 days it worried me a bit , and i'm not liking the clomid this month it has made me really poorly! x

I've only had 2 periods since May if you exclude my withdrawal bleed after BCP. And both of those were very light 2-3 days. I used to have periods before my son whilst I was on BCP (same one) but went without them for a couple of years when I was off the people and diagnosed with PCOS, but that was about 10 years ago almost. So it's a bit of a mixed up picture!

Kirsty, what side effects have you had from Clomid? I've not been too bad given I've gone straight in on 100mg.

xx

Hi Jacq hope you don't mind me asking but did you conceive your son with clomid too or did you fall naturally? I have noticed a lot more hot flushes with the 100mg xxxx

Hiya i went in straight with 100mg and have had no bad side effects until now . My periods on clomid were a little lighter than usual but not a great deal and i had a few hot flushes and a headache the first month coupled with a low mood. Apart from that the last 3 months have been fine except when i had 4 follicles and had to abstain , though i had no symptoms when i did.

Skip to now cycle 4 period has been so light this time 2 dayer! and then i felt a bit bloated, and the hot flushes have been horrendous this time round , i've felt like clawing my neck off at some points. I must look like the crazy woman in the area out and about in a vest :oops:.

Now im due to OV or are OVing and i am so sick , dizzy, weak like i cant move my body due to tiredness and i have the worst pain in my pelvic area to the right and through to the bottom of my back. The last two days have felt like i was going to die. Its my first month unmonitored so im going to call the clinic tomorrow for advice x

Ooh yeah I'd definitely call as all that does not sound good!

Blondy, I fell naturally with my son and after only 2 months of trying! I was so shocked given I knew I'd had PCOS for years but now it's a totally different matter. I thought having a child was supposed to make it easier second time when you have PCOS but not in my case!

I had a low mood on the first round of Clomid and lots of bloating but it's not been so bad this time. I should be due to ovulate in the next week or so so we shall see what happens this time at O time. I'll have my 21 day blood test again and hoping for a better score than 3 this time!

Keep us posted about what the clinic say, Kirsty xx

Last edited:
Just a little update on me. I went to my GP this morning to get the increased dose of Clomid as instructed by the consultant. He was surprised I'd already seen the consultant and that I am well into my second Clomid cycle and was happy for me that I'd finally had a period. I'm lucky to have such a fab doc! Anyway he hadn't yet received all the paperwork from hospital but said he knows they are very behind. He said that GPs can do 'shared care' with Clomid though as in shared between them and the hospital as long as it is prescribed first by the consultant. Anyway, he gave me the prescription no argument which I thought was very good of him as he didn't have to take my word over all the info I gave him.

I'm on CD15 today so prime BD time. We've DTD on CD10,12,14 and will keep going very other day til about CD24. I have my 21 day blood test on Friday. Fingers crossed!

Round two failed dismally, progesterone score was less than 1 on 21 day bloods. Bugger it!

Oh its so frustrating! Im sorry! I found out the same today too on the letrazole! Sucks!

Sorry for you too honey. I just don't understand how we conceived my son after 2 months of random trying, no idea about ovulation or anything and now we are really trying it's nowhere near happening. Humph!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back