Clomid Experiences

Jacq23

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I just wanted to start a thread about people's experiences of taking Clomid, whether successful or not.

I have just finished my first course of 100mg Clomid taken on CD 2-6 and am on CD11 now (though not had a period for 13 weeks now so it's an imaginary 28 day cycle!). We have BD'd the last 4 nights and I am planning to BD every night for the next 4 days (CD11-14) and then probably after that until I feel I've done enough! It may be a bit OTT but I really want to catch that egg and know that on CD28 I've done everything I can to make it happen.

So...any stories shared will be very much appreciated...tell me anything about symptoms, doses, failures, successes, multiple births etc!

xx

Hiya , im on month 3 , month 2 i had to abstain due to too many follicles. Currently CD 14 and think i have a temp shift indicating OV, i had a follicle tracking scan on Fri which showed 1 follicle of 19mm and one of 16mm so it looks as though one has popped.

The first cycle i was told that my body would be getting used to the clomid , the 2nd i saw as incomplete so this 3rd is really my 2nd .
We have BD every other day so only time will tell x

Im on my second month of clomid. First month was 50mg where I went for 21 and 28 day bloods. The clomid didnt work. Provera also didnt work so after a scan confirmed my lining was too thin I was given 100 mg of clomid. Had a day 12 scan where my biggest follicle was only 11.5 so I know its been unsuccessfull. No peak on my cbfm either which just confirms that for me but I had to give 21 day bloods on Fri. To phone Mon for the results but its a formality. Procedure will be my dose will be upped to 150mg. Just desperate for that to work. Only symptoms Ive had is night sweats.

On a success note my best friends girlfriend gave birth to gorgeous twins on 15 July and she was on her second month of clomid!

Thanks for sharing girls, fingers crossed for us all that Clomid is a magical little pill and that it helps Santa bring us what we really want! xx

Hi Jacq, I am also on my first month and just one day behind you, CD10. Good luck it sounds like you have been BD'ing a lot! We have done CD6, 8, 10 so far and will hopefully do every other day up to CD18 just to cover us.
I had night sweats like laura, weren't very nice but nothing I couldn't handle.
I don't feel like its worked this time though, don't know why I just have got this instinct.
Are you having scans/a blood test to check for ov? xxx

I'm only having blood tests on CD21 but the consultant didn't mention any scans. It sees lots of others are having that. I have my next appointment on March 1st so do you think they'll start monitoring more closely then maybe with scans? Perhaps just see how I get on with it for the few 3 or 4 cycles?

Hello everyone. I haven't been on here since March! I needed some time out after Ectopic and MMC.....

Anyhow... we have started the ball rolling with Clomid too. I am on CD 7 and i have already had a faint line on my OV tests. No symptoms TBH, just a bit more tired than normal, going for blood test on CD20.

Keep me posted on how your all getting on as i'll be interested to see how its going.

Nicki xx

I have had 4 clomid cycles one 50mg, one 100mg and two 150mg

out of all of them I only had one confirmed ovulation ..... am on a break at the moment while I wait for my ovarian drilling then I am to go back on it as well as merformin!!

Hi ladies, I have started 2nd cycle of 50 mg clomid today. Had hot sweats first month. Af has come a lot earlier after my first month of clomid and with no symptoms. At my last fertility appt (1st Dec) I was given metformin to start taking as well. Waiting to call tomorrow for my day 21 and day 26 blood results. I asked why I am not booked in for an internal scan and the consultant told me it's normally only private hospitals that scan on first clomid cycle so they can make more money! I am not sure if the clomid has made me feel any different as I am used to twinges and pain either side. The metformin has def given me stomach cramps, but I am happy to go through any pain/discomfort for a positive result. It is now 4 years I have been ttc! This is a good thread, hope we get some success stories between us all x

Helven,
I said I wasn't going to use OPKs as they've given me false positives before but I couldn;t help myself as I had 3 or 4 left from a time of POAS obsession! Anyway I too did one on CD7 and had a positive looking result and also had EWCM so not sure what's going on!

Hi everyone,

Just checking in to see how you all are? I'm on CD 20 now and we BD'd on CD7,8,9,10,11,12,13,15,17 and 19. Can I stop yet I'm knackered and would just like to go to bed and sleep for once?! I'm too scared to stop trying really though as I've read on some forums that Clomid can make people ovulate later, some even around CD 20/22. It's tricky as I've not had AF since 12th September so can't really gauge it. And who knows, my body might try and do something 'naturally'?! When I feel like not BDing I have to remind myself that I'll feel really bad if I don't think I took every chance I could with Clomid. Is anyone else thinking in a similar way or is it just me?!

Hey, can totally see why you want a rest. Are u not using opks? I know sone people say it can take away the spntanaity but it dies really generally make sure that you bd at the right time!

No I'm not using OPKs as I've had so many 'positives' that are clearly rubbish! To be fair I've only used the cheap ones and am reluctant to buy the CB Digi one as it is a lot of money and I worry the same will happen and I'll be no better off.

I've had a few crampy feelings over the last week and some sensations a little higher up but I think I am over-analysing stuff as I didn't even consider doing being pregnant with DS until I was 4 days late and that was only when my friend told me to go and get a test! So, I'm not really sure what I am looking for in my body as far as any indicators are concerned. I just remember having sore boobs and being very tired but as I say, I was already late so as for any early signs who knows? It's so hard not to symptom spot though and I keep telling myself it's only round 1 of Clomid. Ugh, damn you, 2WW! Well, I say 2WW but then the one OPK I did do was on CD7 and that was positive so I suppose I could be as much as 12DPO?! Confused.com

Just had 21 day progesterone blood test, hopefully get the results Friday or otherwise have to wait til Wednesday. Funnily enough the nurse who did the blood test said that she took clomiphene and got lucky on her 3rd round and now has 3 children (though not triplets!)

Help!! Just been told my progesterone blood test was 3.0 What does that mean?!! :confused:

All the damn receptionist said was it was in the normal range as it ranges between 0 and 4.7 or 4.9. I explained I am on Clomid and need to know whether that tells me it has worked or not so need to speak to doc but she was not very helpful and said doc was around this afternoon but I bet she won't pass on the message. I've also been reading up on the net about people with scores over 20 etc. So how come she said it was on the range 0 to just under 5?

Help!!

Last edited:
Just an update: the receptionist called back and said the doc said I haven't ovulated, I need to be looking for a score of 30 or more so she was totally wrong, silly cow. Disappointed and about to make up for it with a fair few festive drinks :(

Sorry honey! Your right though you can relax and have a few drinks! Im doing the same!

Hey honey. Mine was 2.6 so pretty much in the same boat. Will your dose be increased? I'm sorry it didn't work this time but a lot of people don't ovulate on the lower doses first time. I'm starting 100mg next week. Have a fab Christmas and enjoy a few drinks xxxx

I started on 100mg and have one more round on that then can go to GP to get 150mg.

Hi Girls,

I'm on cycle 2 of 50mg days 2-6 no real side effects so far, OV was day 11 first cycle and day 13, this one.

I already OV'd before clomid.

I'm planning on having one last month next month and up to 100 mg and then after that I'm going to try without it.

I'm 8dpo today so will be 12dpo NYE, gonna test with a FRER on friday and Saturday as I'm out both nights I'm gonna have a couple of Vinos and drive if I don't have lines.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back