Clomid/follicle size/ovulation question :o/

Lara_M

Reaction score
Oh I find myself in territory I am not familiar with and the lack of control and the uncertainty of it all is really freaking me out girls!

So, I am on my first round of clomid. I took it on CD 2 - 6. I am now CD11.

I was scanned on CD9 and told that I wasn't about to ovulate in the next couple of days. My biggest follicle was 11mm and I had a couple that were 8mm.

So my questions are - do any of you have experiences where you knew your follilcle sizes leading up to ovulation?
When did you ovulate?
How big were your follicles?
How thick was your lining?

Anyone who has any experiences of clomid at all - I would love to hear your feedback x x x

I've no experience with clomid but some with follicle size in terms of IVF if that's any use?

The smallest follicle that you might get a mature egg out of is 14mm and follicles do typically grow 1-2mm per day so if you ovulate on cd 12 then hopefully that 11mm follicle should be at least 14mm and good for a mature egg :)

When my largest follicle was 11.7mm, my lining was 9.9mm.

By "ovulation" my lining would have been about 16.2mm ;)

Thanks Louise, now that is where I get a bit worried!!

My lining on CD9 was only 3mm!! :shock:

The doc said he anticipated ovulation in about a weeks time and not in the next few days.

So I guess that might be say CD 16/17/18

Do you think thats enough time for a good follicle? How big were your follicles at ovulation?

and, more to the point, have a got a hope in hell of growing a decent lining in that time? How much can a lining grow in a week???

x

By cd 16, then i think your follicle size should be fine :)

Your lining could be expected to be about 10mm by cd 16 and that is fine too. I think the thickness of mine is the top end of the scale due to having several follicle instead of just one.

At "ovulation" my follicles would have averaged 23mm.

Last edited:
Do you know any tips for increasing uterine lining?? x

I honestly wouldn't worry about it if i was you - 10mm at OV is plenty ;)

The only thing you could do to increase it would be hormone therapy like progesterone cream but it gets tricky because you have to keep it consistant as sudden drops could abort your lining. I really don't think you need it.

Do you not have another scan booked? xx

Last edited:
well you know what I am getting a bit hacked off with the clinic to be honest, because no I dont have another one booked in, but the doc (who did the actual scan, not my consultant) asked me at my hsg on monday if i was booked in for another follicle scan and I said no. But then I emailed the consultants private secretary to ask if I was able to have another scan and you know what she hasnt even acknowledged my email!!

Does my head in!!! ITs like they must surely realise that these things are time sensitive and they are dealing with hormonal women!!!! x

I would have definitely expected you to have had a second scan - preferably around cd 16 if that is when they expect you to ovulate because they'll either be able to tell you that you are about to ovulate or have ovulated.

I think the best way is to talk to them in person and if not, then on the telephone.

Email might feel like a good idea at the time because it's all recorded, but it takes time to write out what you could say in 10 secs on the telephone so they might not be bothered - so give them a ring xx

Yes ask for a follow up scan CD16 thats how i was treated. At least then you know where you stand x
and Good luck x x x

Hi Hun,

Try not to worry, I reckon OV will be around cd 16, I would get another scan though, so you know what's going on.

My lining was similar when I ov'd on cd 11 and I questioned it and the doc didn't seem worried.

Progesterone after OV will help give you a thicker lining as clomid can make it thinner.

Keep doing your opks and see how you go.

Lots of luck!:)

Xx

Hi Lara,

It is one of the effects of clomid to thin your lining, so that could explain the 3mm. BUT it has to be much be thicker for an embryo to implant as i'm sure you know...
On my two failed clomid cycles, my scans on CD12 and CD16 showed my lining to be 3mm pretty much all the time, which meant that nothing was happenening. Do you have another scan booked? That would be the best indicator for you hun.
How did you find the side effects of clomid btw? xxx

Hey, my story is the same as Blondy as clomid didnt work for me. My lining on both clomid cycles didnt go avove 3mm and I didnt get a follicle above 13. I would try not to worry and get your blods done or another scan if you can! FX for you honey!

Good luck with it all Lara.

Girls who've had thinner linings... are your periods light? Mine are and I often wonder if it's because my lining isn't thick enough?

xx

Good luck with it all Lara.

Girls who've had thinner linings... are your periods light? Mine are and I often wonder if it's because my lining isn't thick enough?

xx

YES!! My periods have been very light for a year or more now. And now I know why. My lining isn't very thick :( I am trying to eat brazil nuts for selenium but thinking you guys are right, and progesterone is probably the way to go x

Hi Lara,

It is one of the effects of clomid to thin your lining, so that could explain the 3mm. BUT it has to be much be thicker for an embryo to implant as i'm sure you know...
On my two failed clomid cycles, my scans on CD12 and CD16 showed my lining to be 3mm pretty much all the time, which meant that nothing was happenening. Do you have another scan booked? That would be the best indicator for you hun.
How did you find the side effects of clomid btw? xxx

I had extreme bloating whilst actually taking the tablets and high temps. Then a lot of pain just for one day on CD8.
they won't scan me again this time because its private and a follicle scan isnt covered under the insurance!!! aghhhh! I offered to pay for one seeing as this is my first time on clomid but doc rang me last night and said, no lets just do the day 21 bloods - see if you have ovulated??? x

Hi Hun,

Try not to worry, I reckon OV will be around cd 16, I would get another scan though, so you know what's going on.

My lining was similar when I ov'd on cd 11 and I questioned it and the doc didn't seem worried.

Progesterone after OV will help give you a thicker lining as clomid can make it thinner.

Keep doing your opks and see how you go.

Lots of luck!:)

Xx

Seriously Maybe, this is doing my head in.
Situation is - the OB/GYN rang me last night to say she haad been passed on my email.
She said congrats on the HSG.
Then she said that my insurance doesnt cover a follicle scan.
I offered to pay for one but she said lets just BD over the next week and do a day 21 blood test.

What do you think??
x

Maybe how were you next lot of bloods??? All good? Whats the HCG now?

Also, does anyone know if there are more sensitive OPKs than others? I am getting positives on my superdrug tests and negatives on Clear Blue. I always previously liked the Clear Blue OPKs so inclined to trust them. But the superdrug were so strngly positive for like 3 days? Any got any experience with this sort of thing?

Hi Hun, :)

They say you should have scan to make sure you're not overstimulated and I also think it's good to know where you're at, that said mine was a waste of time and if you BD every othher/every day you'll have it all covered.

I started having a nightmare and switched to 30 miu (Most are 20 miu) cheapies.

I've got about 20 if you wanna PM me your address.

Very much easier said than done but try not to worry about scans and OPKs and just get busy with lots of BDing and relax, don't forget to sleep on your pillow!

xx

Sleep on a pillow? All night? I tried for a bit last night but it was uncomfortable. So did you sleep on a pillow all night?

Whats your update thus far? Good bloods and feeling good? x

Hi Hun,

I usually last til about 6am lol!

Bloods are looking very good thanks, scarily good actually, I'm preparing myself for twinnies!

The average twin level for 18 dpo is 800 and I'm 1215 today!!:shock:

I remembered another thing I did last month, stopped using bubble bath, no idea if it helped but it might of, I really don't rate preseed either, if your using have a night off every other.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back